Changing Defenses Topic

I am trying to change my teams defense from man to man to press, but my roster consists of almost entirely juniors. This is my first year and I do not have the slightest clue on how much practice time I should set to each defense. Thanks for the help
1/19/2017 6:46 PM
Most will tell you between 20-25. I used 22 all season and my D ratings moved to at least B-.
1/19/2017 6:49 PM
should i put both defenses at 20-25 or between the two of them it should be 20-25
1/19/2017 6:50 PM
Also looking for a mentor if anyone wants to help
1/19/2017 6:52 PM
I'm not mentor material.

20-25 per D you're going to run in the future. If you're swapping D, I wouldn't worry about the old D.
1/19/2017 6:56 PM
No way you can focus 20-25 on 2 defenses without skipping offense or shorting individual ratings practice. 20-25 on the D you wish to switch over to, 15-25 ( I usually do 20-25) on your offense, and the rest on your individual ratings practice. Run the old Defense until the IQ's for your new Defense get to AT LEAST C-.
1/19/2017 8:38 PM
First welcome. Always nice to have new coaches. Since you have no seniors it makes sense to run the old off/defense combo but practice what you want to change to. Next year run what you changed to. Other option is to run what they know this year and next, and when you recruit to replace all those juniors then change. Any questions you can always sitemail me.
1/19/2017 8:57 PM
I suggest practicing the new press defense only. If they're juniors, they probably have B+ IQ's in Man. A long as those juniors will be playing for you it hurts to throw the B+ ratings away.

Stick with playing the Man defense through the non-conf part of the schedule. Once you reach conference play the press IQ's should be approaching C-. Then start mixing in the Man/Press combo defense and see how that works. If you're committing a lot more fouls with the combo, you can always go back to straight man until the press IQ's are a bit better.
1/20/2017 5:34 PM
Welcome, and good luck.

Sorry to be Mr. Obvious.

But next time just pick a team that has the offense and defense you want to run.
1/20/2017 11:07 PM
Changing Defenses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.