Please tell me I don't have to keep data on RPI Topic

I would like to know how to find the right people to fill a conference to cookie cutter a way to a national championship? If this means keeping track of RPI and Sos each year for the national tourney? I know there is a page where RPI is found so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Already got one I am going to go after and see if he wants to join the conference on the other side when I am finish building the team.
1/20/2017 6:43 AM
Posting on the forums is the simplest way to recruit conference members. RPI/SOS is just building good teams and playing good teams.
1/20/2017 6:51 AM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/20/2017 6:51:00 AM (view original):
Posting on the forums is the simplest way to recruit conference members. RPI/SOS is just building good teams and playing good teams.
If I want my conference to be like USA South Allen in 2.0. Where the championship's was usually in our conference for the PTI and national championship. Do I need to go to the extent of keeping RPI/SOS?
1/20/2017 7:01 AM
No, that stuff is meaningless. In 2.0 the motivation to have a full conference was more post-season births from the conference = more recruiting money = better players. The only incentive to have a good conference in 3.0 is to get 'good' on the 'conference strength' preference.

You can win a NT in a full conference, an empty one, or anything in between, but rpi and sos have nothing to do with it.
1/20/2017 7:16 AM
You get a good RPI/SOS by playing good teams, usually teams who win a lot. That builds your SOS, if YOU in turn win a lot, your RPI will be good. You also get a bump from teams you've played who win lots of games. It's a big circle of good teams playing eachother. Avoid bad sim teams, do not schedule sims that look like they we be really bad the following year. Avoid playing sims at all if you can. Recruit like minded and able coaches to your conference to do the same. You don't have to track the RPI/SOS the game does that for you. All you have to do is find the coaches and schedule the games.
1/20/2017 7:22 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/20/2017 7:16:00 AM (view original):
No, that stuff is meaningless. In 2.0 the motivation to have a full conference was more post-season births from the conference = more recruiting money = better players. The only incentive to have a good conference in 3.0 is to get 'good' on the 'conference strength' preference.

You can win a NT in a full conference, an empty one, or anything in between, but rpi and sos have nothing to do with it.
If I want to bypass building my conference with veteran coaches to mainipulate the projection report into getting me better draws and seeds in the post season. How do I win a championship with a empty low major div 3 conference with only 1 user?
1/20/2017 7:24 AM

The one big difference is scheduling. You'll have to be more on the ball with your scheduling if you reside in a sim wasteland. If you don't have the RPI to get an NT bid, you better hope you win the Conference Tourney every season for the automatic NT bid.
1/20/2017 7:26 AM
I have a relativly hard schedule in Allen with my Miles team next season that is upcoming up. I am playing a lot of quality coaches instead of just playing chapel annualy in each world as a test because I know he is a quality coach. I have two classes that are coming into upperclassmen and are my two best classes that I have recruited.

In RUPP, I am still playing 10 away games untill I want to work on my home court or am out of a rebuild. This season I am playing nine and playing chapel at home. I am a single user trying to re build the program, re build the conference to have a better chance of winning the ultimate prize of college basketball (National Championship).
1/20/2017 7:35 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/20/2017 7:24:00 AM (view original):

If I want to bypass building my conference with veteran coaches to mainipulate the projection report into getting me better draws and seeds in the post season. How do I win a championship with a empty low major div 3 conference with only 1 user?
You recruit well and get good players. With those good players you win the CT to get into the NT. You beat all the teams you play in the NT. You win the NT.

You're going to play 3-4 good teams in the NT anyway. Sure, getting a better seed helps prevent you from playing 5-6 good teams, but you can win the NT as an 8 or 9 seed.
1/20/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/20/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/20/2017 7:24:00 AM (view original):

You recruit well and get good players. With those good players you win the CT to get into the NT. You beat all the teams you play in the NT. You win the NT.

You're going to play 3-4 good teams in the NT anyway. Sure, getting a better seed helps prevent you from playing 5-6 good teams, but you can win the NT as an 8 or 9 seed.
If you have a good non conference and win the conference tourney does that boost your seeding?
1/20/2017 8:51 AM
RPI is the major seeding factor, a lot of other things go into seeding too, but bottom line is that without the RPI to make the NT, you aren't going to the NT without winning the conference tourney. The better you do against a better schedule, the better your seeding will be, if you make the cut. Wins/Losses against Top 25 teams. W/L Vs 1-25, 26-50, 51-75 RPI teams etc. All those things affect both your RPI and your seeding.
1/20/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/20/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
RPI is the major seeding factor, a lot of other things go into seeding too, but bottom line is that without the RPI to make the NT, you aren't going to the NT without winning the conference tourney. The better you do against a better schedule, the better your seeding will be, if you make the cut. Wins/Losses against Top 25 teams. W/L Vs 1-25, 26-50, 51-75 RPI teams etc. All those things affect both your RPI and your seeding.
Basically I have a chance to make a deep run if I do well in the non conference these next two seasons? Thanks for the info.
1/20/2017 2:51 PM
You just have to make sure you get into the NT. That's the key.
1/20/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/20/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
You just have to make sure you get into the NT. That's the key.
Both of these classes are 150-200 recruits.
1/20/2017 3:06 PM
Depending on how good I think my team is going to be is how I schedule.

I look for SIMS with 4-5 Jr's (Sr's when you play them). Schedule the first 5-6 games At Sims. They usually fall between 80-160 in RPI if you choose wisely. And then schedule the next 1-2 games with teams that are going to be your equal. And the last two games with teams who look like a top 10 team.

It almost guarantees you 7 wins, and a with a top 20 SOS. And as long as you rack up those wins against the average SIMS, losing to good humans doesn't hurt you.
1/20/2017 3:47 PM
12 Next ▸
Please tell me I don't have to keep data on RPI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.