Guy is a 70/70 LP/PE but only <20/40 ATH/SP.

Can he be an effective scorer?
1/20/2017 1:24 PM
Possible. Each recruit is different. No way to really tell until you play them. 20Ath means he'll collect a lot of fouls over time. 40 Spd lessens the likelyhood he'll be good at defending his man too..

Now the good news. Ratings like LP/PER in SF's seem to usually play better at lower ratings than similar low ratings in either Guards or PF/C's. Probably because a good SF is a bridge between the front and backcourt play styles. You can recruit one that plays stronger to either side of the coin, but most of the best SF's I've had are balanced and play both styles well. Ask 100 people and you might well get 75 different answers, but a guy like that could very well be a good scorer. I see that same type guy killing it for simmy all the time. But, he will have some defensive issues with Ath and Spd like he has. I preffer a bit more of both as my bottom line, but that's mostly a personal preference.
1/20/2017 2:00 PM
Thanks
1/20/2017 2:10 PM
I think you could do better. Ath and speed are pretty important to scoring. That said, as a scorer coming off the bench maybe he could do it. I don't have much experience with Ath that low. The speed of 40 at SF is just fine.
1/20/2017 2:24 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.