SOOP 71/09 Season 52 - Full Topic

SOOP started in 1920/58 and needs 1 owner for the upcoming season. We are due to start drafting off the clock this weekend as soon as we get a new owner for the 1971/2009 Season. The open team drafts 16th and has not traded picks.

The only thing we ask in this league is that if an owner joins he realizes he is joining a great group of owners and when/if you decide to leave the league for whatever reason you give notice before game 120 which has become a standard nowadays in progressives but if left un-said can lead to issues moving from 1 season to the next. We also ask that if you participate in future trades you do not quit after trading future picks and a 5 season commitment is pretty much standard nowadays.

I will post the rules below.

This league is unique in that it allows you to keep 3 players having off season in the "minors" for up to 3 seasons until they are of good use to you again...pretty much like IR only they have an eligible season.

EDIT: We are starting off the clock today but since we use 1 hour time slots for Round 1 this team does not pick until Tuesday giving plenty of time to load the team and make the 1st round pick.

Edit: This team is up at 1:00PM and I'm loading the roster for the first round pick. I have made a trade (see roster below with info)

EDIT:
I will transfer this team free of charge to an owner who is solid and commits 5 seasons.
1/27/2017 1:07 PM (edited)
RULES
  • No salary cap.
  • No waiver wire, designated hitters used in American League only.
  • Draft – The draft order will be set at the transaction deadline (120 games.) Must win 30 games by transaction deadline (game 120) to qualify for 4- team lottery. Drafted players must appear on a major league roster the year they are drafted.
  • Stadium – To encourage owners to draft for their stadiums, they are permanent and may not be changed, except...
  • Beginning with the 5th season draft, and every 5th season thereafter, four stadiums not in use by any team in the league will be randomly selected and made available in the draft. An extra draft pick will be assigned to every owner. The stadiums will be treated like available players. They may be drafted by any owner in lieu of a player at any scheduled time during the draft. After drafting a stadium, the owner’s original stadium will be “retired” and it, as well as any available stadium that wasn’t drafted, will become eligible for random selection when the next stadium draft is held five seasons later.
  • AAA-players may be used at any time. Each team receives a full roster (6-position players/2 pitchers) of below-average AAA-players.
  • Minor leaguers – Each team is allowed to designate for minor league assignment up to 3 players. A ‘minor leaguer’ is a real-life player on a team’s roster who is sim eligible for the season. Designation for minor league assignment will be made when owners post their team’s keeper list. The keeper list is considered ‘locked’ as soon as the draft starts, and may not be changed without notifying and obtaining the approval of the commissioner. A player may be designated for minor league assignment for up to 3 consecutive seasons, after which the player must be activated or cut.
  • Disabled list. There is no limit on the number of players on a team’s roster who are not sim eligible for a season who may be placed on the disabled list. The number of players on the disabled list have no effect or bearing on the number of minor league players allowed on a team’s roster.
  • Trades – It takes eleven (11 votes) to veto a trade (this will be adjusted according to how many owners have two teams to achieve 50% not counting trading owners, 1 more than 50% when there is an uneven number when divided by 2.). For the upcoming season we have 1 owner with two teams minus the two trading owners would be 21 divided by 2. As example If someone picked up a 2nd team the number would drop to 10. If owners with two teams use both teams to veto the number would increase by 1 for every owner exercising his right to use both votes.
For trades made after the transaction deadline, this rule will be in force: All post-deadline (the period of time from the transaction deadline to the first game of the following season) trades must be recorded in the league trade thread in the owners' forum. If, within 24 hours of a trade being posted, three owners post objections to the trade, the commissioner shall send site mails to the league's drafting owners calling for a vote. If, within 24 hours of the posting of the commissioner's site mail, 12 owners vote to veto the trade, the trade is nullified
1/20/2017 1:50 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The rules are straightforward and the owners are here to have fun so if you like to whine and complain please avoid this fun league with owners that play in many leagues together and many in more than one of mine.

Any of those that have interest in having fun please contact me by sitemail or you may select a team here if you have no questions and are interested in the former, thanks.

EDIT: Posts supporting this long time progressive are always welcome!
1/20/2017 1:52 PM
Great League. Dependable owners.
1/20/2017 6:02 PM
I've been a member of this league since season 1 and is one of my favorite progs. I must like it since none of my teams have won a championship!
Great owners, great commish.
1/20/2017 6:41 PM
I like it here...good league.
1/20/2017 7:24 PM
I wish I could take the slot as I am in 4 other leagues that Russ runs. Next time I hope
1/21/2017 6:49 PM
Who wants it?
1/22/2017 4:23 PM
I am with mensu. Been here since year one (that would be something like 9 years ago), zero championships to my name. We have had a few different commisioners over the years, but Russ runs a tight ship and things are always on schedule.On top of that, the team isnt bad!
1/23/2017 11:43 AM
Good value in a weak draft, picking up Beckett and Zimmerman for their 1st rounder.
1/24/2017 6:02 PM
bump
2/24/2017 4:52 PM
SOOP 71/09 Season 52 - Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.