Internet boards are run by authority seeking, fascist losers, who like to censor speech.
1/20/2017 10:57 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 1/20/2017 10:57:00 PM (view original):
Internet boards are run by authority seeking, fascist losers, who like to censor speech.
1/21/2017 7:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
just when I was thinking about asking him to tell us more about HBD as a possible alternative to HD as my interest wanes.
1/21/2017 11:58 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 1/21/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
just when I was thinking about asking him to tell us more about HBD as a possible alternative to HD as my interest wanes.
I don't have as many teams as Mike does, but I've had a team in either Harold Reynolds or Shtickless for about a decade now; the game is definitely worth checking out. Playing the GM is so different from playing the 'Coach' role - FA strategy and trades make building your team a lot more fun.
1/22/2017 9:26 PM
Posted by mbriese on 1/22/2017 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 1/21/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I don't have as many teams as Mike does, but I've had a team in either Harold Reynolds or Shtickless for about a decade now; the game is definitely worth checking out. Playing the GM is so different from playing the 'Coach' role - FA strategy and trades make building your team a lot more fun.
Agreed. I think HBD is the best game WIS has to offer...by far.
1/22/2017 10:21 PM
I didnt do HBD when it started cause it looked like a big effort commitment. With reduced number of HD teams, I'm thinking about it

Got any tips for possible newbie?

How long would my team be awful?

Are there worlds that are oriented toward newbies - like in the MLB sim where leagues are created for newbies only?
1/22/2017 11:42 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 1/22/2017 11:42:00 PM (view original):
I didnt do HBD when it started cause it looked like a big effort commitment. With reduced number of HD teams, I'm thinking about it

Got any tips for possible newbie?

How long would my team be awful?

Are there worlds that are oriented toward newbies - like in the MLB sim where leagues are created for newbies only?
Maybe, check out the classifieds. I prefer to just keep one team, between managing my 25 MLB players and trying to keep all 5 of my minor league teams competitive that keeps me plenty busy.

Whether or not you can be competitive depends on the type of team you take over. I have torn down every team and built from scratch because I just prefer "my team", but that'd be up to you. If you do pick up a team, I'd be more than happy to put together an in-depth summary on what I would do if I were in your shoes.
1/22/2017 11:51 PM
I have been released!!!!
1/23/2017 4:39 PM
How many spankings? 25 like usual?
1/23/2017 5:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
For the record, I wasn't banned for anything said to snafu. I used a term referring to a couple of users(allmatt/cubcub) who were yammering on about blocking me. I used it in the thread allmatt created and in the snafu thread when cubcub posted in it. Both threads were deleted and I was banned moments later.

And, for the uninformed, WifS doesn't have moderators combing these forums looking for bannable offenses. It has to be reported by a user.
1/23/2017 5:52 PM
Thank goodness they didn't reset your post count. I'm really looking forward to the 50k party.
1/23/2017 5:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2017 4:39:00 PM (view original):
I have been released!!!!
Welcome back.
1/23/2017 9:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2017 5:52:00 PM (view original):
For the record, I wasn't banned for anything said to snafu. I used a term referring to a couple of users(allmatt/cubcub) who were yammering on about blocking me. I used it in the thread allmatt created and in the snafu thread when cubcub posted in it. Both threads were deleted and I was banned moments later.

And, for the uninformed, WifS doesn't have moderators combing these forums looking for bannable offenses. It has to be reported by a user.
Ok. Last chance. I unblocked you. For the record, I agree with a lot of what you say. It is just a little too much. Post half as much and all be a happy forum user.
1/24/2017 12:10 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.