SOS Challenge Season 129 Schedule Topic

Posted by truedevil33 on 2/15/2017 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Man my team is terrible.
Could it be related to a preseason chat/offensive scheme change?!?!
2/16/2017 9:46 PM
Posted by orangepace on 2/7/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I created a Google Sheet to keep track of the standings. I hope to be able to update daily. See attached:

S129 SOS Standings
How often do you update this chart?
2/17/2017 10:48 AM
I'm out on the SOS Schedule next season at Howard. I typically like to schedule games and have rivalrys. Sorry guys, probably not a popular choice.
2/18/2017 5:25 PM
Go ahead and add Samford into the mix.
2/18/2017 11:16 PM
N. Iowa is out
2/18/2017 11:24 PM
Say it ain't so babs.

Thanks for keeping it updated OP.

nitros
2/18/2017 11:28 PM
Can i get an explanation on how this works?

Maybe how it has evolved?

Any ideas on how to improve it?

Problem that pop up?
2/19/2017 3:50 AM
The biggest issue is people. People forget to schedule, don't schedule, opt out late, change jobs.

I think the concept hasn't changed much since it was first created. New teams start in the bottom tier and work their way up. Uses a promotion/relegation like system similar to football leagues (like you referenced in FIFA).

I don't have any ideas really on exactly how to improve it.. I have ideas but they might not be improvements.

I really like this system and if I was still at D1AA I would definitely join in.
2/19/2017 12:34 PM
It got started as a way to boost our SOS ratings, I believe naskin at Albany started the idea. A lot of the top teams were having issues getting quality opponents to schedule them. New guys join at the bottom and then you just have to win your way to the top division. I have won my way to the top division and even won it once or twice, but I have come close to being knocked out of playoffs on down years when I go 0-3 in the top division. That is the only downfall I can see. It can bite you in the a$$ if you're not up the for the challenge.
2/19/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/19/2017 3:50:00 AM (view original):
Can i get an explanation on how this works?

Maybe how it has evolved?

Any ideas on how to improve it?

Problem that pop up?
It's just a tiered kind of round robin tournament. Each team plays the others in their group and the top ones stay. Whomever finishes last in the group is "relegated" down and the winner of that lower group is "promoted" up.

It hasn't really evolved other than new teams joining.

I don't really know how to improve it.

The biggest problem is that people don't schedule the others in the group or they forget and don't leave spots open. Changing jobs does create a hassle too because the schedule comes out later in the season and so some coaches don't get time to fill the schedule. Or the next coach in at a school may not want to participate.
2/19/2017 1:58 PM
Count st Mary's out for next season. My seasons are up and I will not be renewing due to the poor response from customer service on the tigerpark fiasco. Good luck everyone.
2/19/2017 2:32 PM
I'm out tell I finish remaking (or unmaking) this team. Look for me in 3 seasons or so
2/19/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by coachoatie on 2/17/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by orangepace on 2/7/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I created a Google Sheet to keep track of the standings. I hope to be able to update daily. See attached:

S129 SOS Standings
How often do you update this chart?
Been doing so daily. It's fully updated as of now. There are a few games left over the next 3 days and then it's wrapped.
2/19/2017 5:00 PM
I think I'm going to skip on this season. It's a lot of fun but I really miss creating my own schedule
2/20/2017 9:54 PM
When's the new schedule?
2/23/2017 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
SOS Challenge Season 129 Schedule Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.