Question on 'Very High (green)' Potential Topic

Say you have a player with skill rating of only 1, does it mean that his potential can go as high as rating 100? If that's not the case, then how much or how far have you gotten the largest rating increase from very high potential. The guide says 28+. wondering how often it can results in rating increase as high as 40 or 50 (or even more)
1/21/2017 5:09 AM
There's no way to tell, but that happens more often with LP/PER than all the other categories. BTW, I don't think recruits are generated with ratings below 10 and green.

It's early and I'm a little fuzzy, but I think the minimum initial PER for a recruit with potential of 100 would be 11. So, say you scouted and saw a decent guard with 11 PER green, then his final potential PER could be anything between 39-100.

Someone collected data on this for one season on a thread. I'll see if I can find it and give a link. Probably still good data as recruit generation hasn't changed.
1/21/2017 6:44 AM (edited)
Thank you very much rogelio, from my experience which mostly been during the 2.0 era I also don't remember seeing much of high potential player with very low rating, I only used 1 as an example.

I think its nice they have those potential limitless growth so that you can get steals from certain players while higher ranked once can be bust sometimes like in real life. I have this player who is 27 ATH, 25 DEF and 54 BH who I really like with his 96 WE so if he has a huge ceiling he can be a huge superstud steal.
1/21/2017 9:39 AM
From my experience, ath, speed, and stamina rarely improve more than 40 or so. Defense, block, rebounding, ballhandling and passing go up over 40 a little more often. LP and PER definitely have the most high-VH improvement.
1/21/2017 10:14 AM (edited)
Posted by shoe3 on 1/21/2017 10:14:00 AM (view original):
From my experience, ath, speed, and stamina rarely improve more than 40 or so. Defense, block, rebounding, ballhandling and passing go up over 40 a little more often. LP and PER definitely have the most high-VH improvement.
This is a good post.
1/21/2017 10:36 AM
x
4/10/2017 9:30 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=483423
4/10/2017 9:34 PM
Question on 'Very High (green)' Potential Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.