Posted by CoachSpud on 1/22/2017 1:20:00 AM (view original):
"...at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High"..."

Wow, do you think you'll eventually decide to drive some of those teams down to Moderate? It can't be fun losing and not learning from the experience, can it?
Wow..and just when I thought your stupidity could not reach new heights.

Hey Spudtard ..guess what....?
You realize an A+ school cannot drive a B- school to moderate even by maxing out ALL recruiting efforts? You know how low you need to go to try and get players that even B- schools don't want?

ONCE AGAIN.....please only comment on things you have a fking clue on. It will save a LOT of wear and tear on your keyboard.
1/22/2017 8:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Benis on 1/22/2017 3:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/21/2017 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/21/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):
It is a sad day for HD when my D2 team can whoop North Carolina's ***...
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Grand Valley St. vs. North Carolina

That is just aweful, how can the game have fallen so much to the point where UNC sucks?
UNC has 5 walkons. It's the coach before's fault, not Seble's.
honestly you can't really blame it on the coach completely without knowing the story. In my past 3 seasons at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High". I lost both of my "on the fence" EE's this year which set me down to 3 returning players I recruited. 2nd session I had to scrap and claw just to get a few terrible players so I could actually field a lineup. I have 5 openings (4 walk-ons + 1 auto recruit). I only go after players that I have perfect or near-perfect preference matches with. Honestly I'm not sure how this can be described as my "fault". The UNC situation could be different, I don't know, but I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment.
The secret is to go for complete garbage players that no one wants. Then you will win 100% of the battles!

You will also never win a NT game.. but no matter.
Neither extreme is a good way to play 3.0. You can get useful players that others haven't prioritized high enough to fight for. It isn't as though there is a barren wasteland between early entry candidates and D2 players "no one wants".

Someone is is going to win championships every year, and generally, it will be someone among the group of coaches who have adapted best to this system.
1/22/2017 10:32 AM
Posted by mullycj on 1/22/2017 8:01:00 AM (view original):
Spudhole's been gone the last few days.
Must have been at the women's rights march.
Yeah! I hate those people! Women shouldn't want equal treatment!
1/22/2017 10:54 AM
Posted by benrudy on 1/22/2017 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Haha for real!

I actually would have gone with my gf if I were in the States. Pretty cool to see in my opinion.
1/22/2017 1:53 PM
I work in D.C, it was not fun to watch, some crazy things were happening, some crazy signs as well.
1/22/2017 2:06 PM
I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here--When a human coach leaves, it appears there is something built in to change the defense the that the team runs. This occurred in both games you posted--UNC ran M2M when all of their players know zone. FSU ran M2M when all of their players know zone. I played my old Davidson team in an exhibition and they ran Press when everyone on the team knows M2M.

I can only assume they put this in place in order weaken SIM AI teams once a human leaves so that they get bad and get bad quickly. I guess it allows humans to recoup the top programs quicker because as they get worse, their prestiges drop quicker. Is this a good thing?
1/22/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by tkimble on 1/22/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here--When a human coach leaves, it appears there is something built in to change the defense the that the team runs. This occurred in both games you posted--UNC ran M2M when all of their players know zone. FSU ran M2M when all of their players know zone. I played my old Davidson team in an exhibition and they ran Press when everyone on the team knows M2M.

I can only assume they put this in place in order weaken SIM AI teams once a human leaves so that they get bad and get bad quickly. I guess it allows humans to recoup the top programs quicker because as they get worse, their prestiges drop quicker. Is this a good thing?
I'm not sure that was the reason exactly. I think they just wanted to revert to original O/D so you have more balance and variety. Like 80% of D3 teams run press right now.
1/22/2017 2:38 PM
Nope. Ever since noon on Friday his tiny little hands have been busy elsewhere. Sad!
1/22/2017 3:29 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/22/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Grand Valley St. vs. Florida State

Did it again, this is disappointing.
If it disappoints you to beat teams in higher divisions, don't schedule them. At D3 Carleton, I would routinely blow out D1 teams for fun in exhibition, sometimes big 6 programs. It has never been a big deal. When UNC and FSU are inhabited by long term coaches who get the programs back on track, it's a different story. When they are simmy run, and feature several walk-ons and sim recruited players, they will be easy wins. It's not sad. It's the nature of playing a multiplayer game where some teams don't have human controllers.
1/22/2017 4:07 PM
Shouldn't they have been marching for the past 8 years?
1/22/2017 5:05 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/22/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Obama didn't cancel funding for groups that are meant to support Women. Not to mention the whole abortion thing too...

And Obama wasn't grabbing women by the poon (at least to my knowledge)
1/22/2017 5:28 PM
How long does it take to reach a D1 school this is my 1st year
1/22/2017 5:34 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/22/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 1/22/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Obama didn't cancel funding for groups that are meant to support Women. Not to mention the whole abortion thing too...

And Obama wasn't grabbing women by the poon (at least to my knowledge)
News to me that abortion is now illegal. You can correct me if that ever gets over turned, but I doubt it will.

Didn't slick Willy have put is thing in some Monica's mouth? Is that the treatment they were looking for?
1/22/2017 5:37 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.