Rest Strategy - Hierarchy Planning Topic

Hello,

Setting: '01 Chipper, REST: NO, Hierarchy - Chipper is starting 3b, and primary rest for RF. John Dodge, a third baseman, is primary rest for 3B
Scenario: Game is blowout, can the SIM know to bring Dodge to 3b and slide Chipper to RF, to rest the rightfielder?
Purpose: can I utilize chipper's multi-positions to use a back up 3b to effectively rest an OF.

Thank you in advance for advice.
1/22/2017 1:23 AM
If Chipper's rest setting is NO, I don't think Dodge would ever come in for him in a rest situation, and your scenario will not work as planned. Chipper would stay in at 3rd if the settings say he can't come out for rest.
1/22/2017 10:46 AM
Ya, gotta put Dodge as Chipper's first defensive replacement, and Chipper as the Right Fielder's first defensive replacement
1/22/2017 11:06 AM
Skunk, so if Chipper's rest setting is YES, why would it slide him to the outfield? It would effectively favor the outfielders rest over his rest. Why would it do that? Does it actually look at who needs the rest more, and shuffles things around accordingly if you have the hierarchy's set that way?
1/22/2017 8:48 PM
I don't know exactly how it would work, but if Chipper's rest setting is No, he won't come out of the game for Dodge. If Chipper is Yes with Dodge his replacement, and the RF is Yes with Chipper as his replacement, then it may work the way you want. Worth trying, at least.

I believe it does work that way with defensive replacements, so maybe it works the same with the rest hierarchy.
1/22/2017 9:21 PM (edited)
I THINK skunk's idea would work with the added caveat that you would list Jones ahead of the RF when setting your Player Rest hierarchy. This means you would have Dodge listed first at 3b and Jones listed first at RF under that hierarchy.
1/22/2017 11:41 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 1/22/2017 11:41:00 PM (view original):
I THINK skunk's idea would work with the added caveat that you would list Jones ahead of the RF when setting your Player Rest hierarchy. This means you would have Dodge listed first at 3b and Jones listed first at RF under that hierarchy.
Idk how to quote multiple posts, but that's pretty much what I said
1/23/2017 12:01 AM
d_rock, you said to arrange it that way under defensive replacements, but the question was about the rest setting. That's probably why there was still some discord. Same principle applies though, so yes you're also correct.
1/23/2017 11:47 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/23/2017 12:01:00 AM (view original):
You did, I was just endeavoring to tie it all together. You're point was/is well taken. Sounds as if you were offended and that was certainly not my intention.
1/23/2017 12:39 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 1/23/2017 12:39:00 PM (view original):
You did, I was just endeavoring to tie it all together. You're point was/is well taken. Sounds as if you were offended and that was certainly not my intention.
Oh no. Not offended. Just sayin...
1/23/2017 2:39 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 1/23/2017 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Oh yeah. Prob cuz I got in the habit of copy defensive replacement to rest setting at the bottom of the hierarchy
1/23/2017 2:40 PM
NP
1/23/2017 3:09 PM
Thanks guys
1/24/2017 12:19 AM
Rest Strategy - Hierarchy Planning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.