Recruiting... confused Topic

I've seen this before but I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm locked in a battle with a human for a recruit which is yellow. Everything I've tried results in, "this guy is in the bag, ready to sign, etc." 4+ cycles but won't turn green. I've tried recruiting visits, coaches visits, campus visits, calls and letters in various combinations. Is there a trick to get him green? Could the other person doing just enough to stop the green?
1/22/2017 12:32 PM
He might be leaning your way, but you usually have to spend quite a bit more than another human before he will actually turn green to you. What I would do is quit spending money on him, but leave some money left over in case you have to use it. When a player is yellow like that, send the player a scholarship offer. The message you get back from the player will tell you if he is leaning your way, or toward the other owner. If he is leaning the other way, you still have a chance to tip the scale in your direction if you have money left over to spend. If he is leaning your way, you might now have to spend that extra money, which means you have some cash left to pick up another player or two, or roll 25% over to next season if you have all of your spots filled.
1/22/2017 12:43 PM
The case is different if you are battling a Sim. In that case, you do need to turn the player green. The Sim will keep spending money on each cycle until it gets the player.
1/22/2017 12:45 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Recruiting... confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.