must read for new users Topic

For every new user, don't entirely listen and trust Coachward's answer to your question. Trust anyone with a red hall of fame or orange all-star icon next to their name most. Pallas and Coach Spud along with me all participated in the beta and will usually be able to give good answers. Sorry if I left a knowledgeable Pro who posts ofter out. Or if we don't know it we won't just spout out random crap!
2/3/2017 6:42 PM (edited)
an unfortunate but necessary post since coachward seems so quick to give new folks responses to their posts despite a lack of experience and a lack of success
1/23/2017 9:15 AM
A title change here would be nice to ummm idk maybe make a new user think this thread had anything they'd care about? Maybe "New Users Beware! of Coach Ward"... etc.....
1/23/2017 9:56 AM
Posted by zhawks on 1/23/2017 9:56:00 AM (view original):
A title change here would be nice to ummm idk maybe make a new user think this thread had anything they'd care about? Maybe "New Users Beware! of Coach Ward"... etc.....
thanks. bump for new users on the forums
2/3/2017 6:41 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 2/3/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):
For every new user, don't entirely listen and trust Coachward's answer to your question. Trust anyone with a red hall of fame or orange all-star icon next to their name most. Pallas and Coach Spud along with me all participated in the beta and will usually be able to give good answers. Sorry if I left a knowledgeable Pro who posts ofter out. Or if we don't know it we won't just spout out random crap!
You just made me laugh out loud...CoachSpud come on man. Don't listen to this guy.
2/3/2017 6:43 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 2/3/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Thank you, cubcub.

Ward, I have said I don’t pick on handicapped people and generally that is true, but let’s take a moment to look at your record, big man. Your RPI at Chowan, where you did such a masterful job, went 160-184-307-342. Your RPI at Miles, where you succeeded in your long term goals, went 112-122-71-167. At college of NJ you’ve gone 214-234. Here’s a news flash for you – think of RPI like a golf score, lower is better. When you take a team’s RPI, say, 54-31-29-16-3, or even 207-68-42, I might listen to you.
2/3/2017 10:18 PM
New coaches: Read Chapelhiilne's post at the top of the forum page. Great detail and some valuable observations. Read the game notes in Help as well. And find a mentor. There are some hidden gems. that can be shared.
And, despite the raging s**t storm it can become, post questions to the forum. Try to block out the skag. Many of these coaches may have no table manners, but they can be a source of valuable info, even though some will be contradictory and you'll have to judge for yourself.
2/5/2017 6:40 AM
Posted by rsvphr on 2/5/2017 6:40:00 AM (view original):
New coaches: Read Chapelhiilne's post at the top of the forum page. Great detail and some valuable observations. Read the game notes in Help as well. And find a mentor. There are some hidden gems. that can be shared.
And, despite the raging s**t storm it can become, post questions to the forum. Try to block out the skag. Many of these coaches may have no table manners, but they can be a source of valuable info, even though some will be contradictory and you'll have to judge for yourself.
Do this! ^^^^^^^^^
2/5/2017 9:55 AM
Yeah it is always wise to take a look at the record (in the game) of anyone offering advice. Although recent success matters a lot more than championships in seasons 1-40 now adays.
2/5/2017 11:23 AM
must read for new users Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.