Pitchers fielding other positions? Topic

Hello,

Can someone explain how pitchers are playing other positions, per the performance history? It doesn't let me put any pitchers in the fielding hierarchy, though oddly some pitchers to have ratings at other positions. Can anyone pull this puzzle together?
1/24/2017 9:57 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/24/2017 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Hello,

Can someone explain how pitchers are playing other positions, per the performance history? It doesn't let me put any pitchers in the fielding hierarchy, though oddly some pitchers to have ratings at other positions. Can anyone pull this puzzle together?
If a position player gets injured or ejected and there are no position players available on the bench, the SIM has no choice but to put in an available pitcher.

(Funnily enough, by contrast, if there are no remaining pitchers on your team, your last pitcher is actually immune to injury and ejection -- if they show up in the boxscore, the pitcher stays in anyway.)
1/24/2017 10:27 PM
Hmm, but why does 1925 Walter Johnson have 25 games at catcher. Was someone utilizing his amazing hitting skills by choosing a catcher who was so fatigued he gets hurt every game and in comes walter johnson. He'd have to have noone else on the bench tho, no?
1/24/2017 11:25 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/24/2017 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Hmm, but why does 1925 Walter Johnson have 25 games at catcher. Was someone utilizing his amazing hitting skills by choosing a catcher who was so fatigued he gets hurt every game and in comes walter johnson. He'd have to have noone else on the bench tho, no?
Something like that.

It's possible to get that kind of manipulation in. IMO it's not worth it, but *shrug*
1/25/2017 11:00 PM
Just started a new team and saw my 09 Walsh is an A+ A+ outfielder!!! How the heck can i get the SIM to make him the late inning defensive sub?
1/25/2017 11:50 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/25/2017 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Just started a new team and saw my 09 Walsh is an A+ A+ outfielder!!! How the heck can i get the SIM to make him the late inning defensive sub?
You can't. I already explained the situations in which a pitcher will enter the game at another position. Position players will never be subbed out for pitchers unless they are injured or ejected and there are no position players left on the bench,
1/26/2017 9:57 PM
Pitchers fielding other positions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.