Pitcher Batting in a DH League? Topic

I'm in a DH league where my batters will have fatigue issues due to roster rules. Meanwhile, I've got Walter Johnson as a pitcher, who was a great hitter. Is there any way to get him to bat for himself some of the time, or is Sparky always going to go with my tired regular hitters?
1/25/2017 9:56 AM
I don't think Sparky can do that. Think you gotta do it on LIVE.
1/25/2017 11:18 AM
It can happen, but all the other options for DH must be below their auto-rest setting. When a pitcher is used in the DH spot, I don't remember it being the starting pitcher for the game. If I recall correctly, SIM just uses an available pitcher from the bench.
1/25/2017 11:24 AM
Is it ALL your bench hitters being below auto-rest? Or just those in the rest hierarchy for DH? For some reason I thought it was ALL bench hitters being below their auto-rest.
1/25/2017 12:29 PM
It is all bench players. That's what I meant by all the other options for DH. It would include every other hitter on the roster. Sorry, that was a little confusing as written above.
1/25/2017 12:42 PM
Pitcher Batting in a DH League? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.