The draft should be over a few days not all at once blind, example day 1 round 1, allow everyone to reevaluate remaining prospects and reset the rankings and then do 2/3 red, next day do 5 Rds at once next day 5 more etc. Allowing owners to strategies by position needs and re stack draft boards.
1/25/2017 11:52 PM
Been suggested many times. Run it for 2 weeks. Run one round a day for at least 1, supplement 1, 2, supplement 2, 3, then the rest. All probably better than how it works now. Not holding my breath.

1/26/2017 3:14 PM
Even if they did 1 and supplemental, 2-5, the rest. And made it over 3 cycles in one real world day, I'd be happy with that.
2/3/2017 10:48 AM
Would be nice to have a few more real life late round players turn into good players. There are plenty of major leaguers whom were drafted between rounds 25-50.........please also let players whom don't get signed turn into free agents by the trade deadline or re-enter the draft the following season(s)
2/15/2017 12:51 AM
It'd be nice if they had a live draft. Day 1 rounds 1-3. Day 2 round 4-7. Day 3 the rest of the draft.
3/11/2017 5:00 PM
You're never going to see a live draft. It would be virtually impossible to get all 32 owners in a world online at the same time.
3/11/2017 9:15 PM
Just set a time and whoever makes it, makes it. Autodraft for all the others.
3/13/2017 11:33 PM
If they did a live draft, or anything involving resets after the first few rounds, it would be more of a drag than a positive development. How many people are really going to spend time re-doing their prospect list when they're all just minor league roster filler anyway?
3/17/2017 5:24 PM
Posted by psychoch on 3/17/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):
If they did a live draft, or anything involving resets after the first few rounds, it would be more of a drag than a positive development. How many people are really going to spend time re-doing their prospect list when they're all just minor league roster filler anyway?
Not a reset after the rounds. In theory you could set your board and then just leave it. But if you wanted to move it around, you would be able to.
4/12/2017 12:09 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 4/12/2017 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Not a reset after the rounds. In theory you could set your board and then just leave it. But if you wanted to move it around, you would be able to.
But why would anyone want to change their board? If the chances are slim that you are going to get anyone even remotely useful at the big league levels, why go to the effort?
4/12/2017 3:28 PM
Posted by psychoch on 4/12/2017 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hockey1984 on 4/12/2017 12:09:00 PM (view original):
But why would anyone want to change their board? If the chances are slim that you are going to get anyone even remotely useful at the big league levels, why go to the effort?
For me, there have been countless times when I have neeeeded a SP or RP or C or defensive SS. But there is no way I am ranking them above the top 10 'all star' quality players. Often times I'll rank a whole bunch of pitcher from 20-30 on my board in hopes of getting 1. If I were to get one of those guys I wanted in the first round, I'd move over to a different position in the second. Even if the first 3 rounds were drafted first day, I could probably still find some defensive bench gems or situational left handed relievers left on the board.

honestly, if they asked me how I wanted to set up my perfect draft, I would have the AM cycle draft round 1 and the suplamental round. The PM cycle would be rounds 2-4, the PM2 cycle would be the rest of the rounds.

The PM2 cycle draft would be a wash but it would be the most fun. I'd put guys like 'Jumbo Catfish', 'Jose Jose' and 'Rowdy Wang' at the top of my board. Plus guys who have 99 power with 0 eye and contact or guys with 99 speed and baserunning that can't hit the ball.
4/13/2017 12:26 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.