GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

I can't promise I'll implement it, but if there's a feature you'd like to see added to the GUESS reports, please post it here and we'll see what we can do.

1/26/2017 3:29 PM
I'd like to be able to flip within different divisions in a world without going back to the main page.
1/26/2017 3:36 PM
I'd like to see a rating based on each team's starters.

I know you couldn't do this to perfection, since everyone uses different formations. But if you just used a basic Pro-Set / 4/3 to create the ratings, I think it could be incredibly beneficial.
1/26/2017 3:45 PM
I'd have to give this more thought, but the basic idea is to re-rank every recruiting class once they graduate. In other words, how did the players ultimately turn out. It would be tricky with redshirts and cut players, but it's just the framework of an idea.
1/26/2017 6:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Love the idea of:

1. Starters rankings.
2. Re-ranking recruit classes upon graduation would be awesome.

nitros
1/26/2017 9:23 PM
Would it be possible to bring formation IQ into the ratings? We could help with how to weigh it, just not sure if that data is available. It would be especially important for QB's but I'm sure most people factor it into other positions as well. We could just use each player's top formation maybe?
1/26/2017 11:18 PM
Changing divisions without going to the home page *should* be pretty simple. I think I can do it by just adding some links to the menu bar across the bottom of the page.

Ranking teams on just the starters - would take a bit of work on the calculation side, but I think this could be done. I think the team grades are based on starters. I need to re-visit that part of the code anyway.

Re-Ranking recruiting classes - will have to give this some thought. Off the top of my head, it seems like it would be a pretty major undertaking. You can already track individual player growth by drilling down (Full Roster Ratings -> choose team -> View Full Roster -> Choose player ) but that's based on their ratings at the start of the season.

I don't do predictions - I know the Wilkinson Media Guides have projected records. I've thought about it from time to time but I'm pretty sure I don't want to get into that business. :)

Formation IQ : It's not a part of the current download but I'm sure I could get yatzr to re-write the code to pull it. He does it for his recruiting tool so it's not impossible. The real problem is that then you need to have six times the number of ratings for every player and the presentation becomes unwieldy. It might be something that could be put on the individual team page as a "Team Analysis" function. A long-term project.
1/26/2017 11:46 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 1/26/2017 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Not sure if you do season or game predictions, but ranking teams that most out-perform those predictions
I used to do that for Wilkinson but it never seemed to get that much interest.
1/27/2017 9:42 AM
could you do updates every week so that the teams ratings are current? and what cjsweat said :)
1/27/2017 7:35 PM
I would like a list of current recruits and how far they are from every other school.

I know this is kinda ridiculous. But I would use it.
1/27/2017 9:30 PM
Posted by nitros on 1/26/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Love the idea of:

1. Starters rankings.
2. Re-ranking recruit classes upon graduation would be awesome.

nitros
+1
1/27/2017 10:52 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 1/27/2017 9:30:00 PM (view original):
I would like a list of current recruits and how far they are from every other school.

I know this is kinda ridiculous. But I would use it.
This would be something to ask yatzr.. I know he did this recruit distro awhile back but I'm also certain he could pull the data to actually show the recruits and not just the total numbers.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=424303
1/27/2017 11:10 PM
I use a google map with all user coaches. Then I enter the players. Its a pain in the ***. I don't do it every season. Just when I am short on money.
1/28/2017 4:16 AM
Posted by chrondon84 on 1/28/2017 4:16:00 AM (view original):
I use a google map with all user coaches. Then I enter the players. Its a pain in the ***. I don't do it every season. Just when I am short on money.
http://gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/ if you use the yatzr recruiting tool you can find out the distance and what human coach is closest to the recruit pretty easily. I recommend watching his tutorial videos on YouTube.
1/28/2017 9:28 AM
123 Next ▸
GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.