GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

Posted by genuvar on 1/30/2017 6:46:00 PM (view original):
So far there have been 2 ideas I really like:
  • Chrondon's rank by best positional role
  • GT's graduate class rankings - though on this one it seems to be a lot of work in the current system (since players are only pulled at the beginning of the season). So, currently, you would have to rerank the class at the beginning of the players senior year (instead of the end when they graduate) which still might lead to some interesting results because you should still see the difference in class potentials.
I favor the 2 from Chrondon & GT also. I'd also be interested in:
  • Allowing an "only the fly" re-calculation of the rankings based on user input ratings. I'm not sure of the cost impact based on how you are doing things, but you definitely would not save this. I would use this for sure.
  • Superlative Rankings. Things like "Sticky Fingers" (Best Hands), "Crazy Legs" (Most Agile), etc... I know this would be 100% fluff, but it would add a fun factor and I'd check it out each season anyway.
  • Overhaul the star rating system. There are things like the #13 DL as a 4 start, while the #8 OL gets no stars. Cover at least 3, 4, and 5 stars and allow classes to be sorted by the number of these recruits.
Lastly, thanks for all you do for the game!
2/2/2017 2:02 AM
To start, Thanks for the GUESS Reports.
I really like the Top 25 Lists (Full & Recruits). Can that be done for each conference? Maybe just the Top 10 players at each position in the conference. It might be too complicated, but I think it would be a neat little add on. Again, thanks for all you do.
2/4/2017 10:22 AM
Guess reports are the best invention since slice bread
2/5/2017 10:48 AM
bump - getting ready to start development
2/11/2017 9:00 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/5/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Guess reports are the best invention since slice bread
Absolutely !
2/11/2017 9:25 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM (view original):
Sounds good.. I can't wait
2/11/2017 1:23 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM (view original):
Boom! Go click on those adds people!
2/11/2017 1:26 PM
Formation IQs by team, from top to bottom.
Would go a long way toward quantifying how important formation practice is. For me, anyway.
2/15/2017 8:25 PM
Posted by columbusbuck on 2/15/2017 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Formation IQs by team, from top to bottom.
Would go a long way toward quantifying how important formation practice is. For me, anyway.
The scraper tool I use doesn't currently pull formation IQ. I'll check with yatzr - I'm sure it's possible based on the fact that his recruit tool pulls it. It also would mean changes to the database structure (simple) and modifications to the code in my Excel processing (because there would be extra columns added - less simple.)

Not saying it won't happen, but it's a longer-term item.

I currently have the team ratings and player rankings based on their best positional role working. Just need to figure out how best to display that.
2/15/2017 8:29 PM
You beautiful sob.
2/15/2017 9:19 PM
In addition to ranking rosters and classes based solely on their player's current ratings, maybe add a growth trend. High, medium, or low growth trend, or a number rating, depending on if their Soph, Jr, and Sr classes are ahead of the growth curve for all teams, on pace, or lagging behind others. This would show which rosters have more growth potential, along with WE, PT, and more playoff games to benefit from those growth factors.
2/17/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by champ83 on 2/17/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
In addition to ranking rosters and classes based solely on their player's current ratings, maybe add a growth trend. High, medium, or low growth trend, or a number rating, depending on if their Soph, Jr, and Sr classes are ahead of the growth curve for all teams, on pace, or lagging behind others. This would show which rosters have more growth potential, along with WE, PT, and more playoff games to benefit from those growth factors.
Interesting idea. I would have to give it a lot of thought on how to implement.
2/17/2017 2:35 PM
◂ Prev 123
GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.