GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

Why is there such a difference in the freshmen position ratings on my depth chart(WIS) and the freshmen position ratings on Guess? There's not much difference in most players but some are 3-4 points better or worse.
1/28/2017 11:20 AM
Posted by CamTiger on 1/28/2017 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Why is there such a difference in the freshmen position ratings on my depth chart(WIS) and the freshmen position ratings on Guess? There's not much difference in most players but some are 3-4 points better or worse.
You dont have your position roles set to guess position roles.http://www.gdreports.com/GUESS/Weights.htm
1/28/2017 12:12 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 1/27/2017 7:35:00 PM (view original):
could you do updates every week so that the teams ratings are current? and what cjsweat said :)
While I'm a firm believer in "never say never" I cannot imagine any circumstance that would cause me to pull reports for every world on a weekly basis.

OK, I can imagine one, but I doubt anyone wants to pay off my mortgage.
1/28/2017 12:37 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/28/2017 12:37:00 PM (view original):
could you do updates every week so that the teams ratings are current? and what cjsweat said :)
While I'm a firm believer in "never say never" I cannot imagine any circumstance that would cause me to pull reports for every world on a weekly basis.

If we all chip in we can lol. I didnt realize it was that expensive to do updates. Are you hosting the site on a server you own?
1/28/2017 1:17 PM

how many times in a day can 1 ip address click the adds before you stop making money? cause ill do it a lot lol
1/28/2017 1:20 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 1/28/2017 1:17:00 PM (view original):

If we all chip in we can lol. I didnt realize it was that expensive to do updates. Are you hosting the site on a server you own?
It's not that expensive to PULL data, but it can get expensive to STORE data. It would require a complete overhaul of how data is presented... basically a re-write of the entire web app. It's not something I want to do, so I price it so exorbitantly expensive that I'll never have to do it.
1/28/2017 1:28 PM
That's a good price.
1/28/2017 10:54 PM
I think it would be nice to include a category for returners in the rankings. Good returners are very valuable and change games all the time. I know formation IQ impacts performance with returns, as does overall team rankings (allegedly), and it could potentially mess up how a player is ranked in their main position and how the team is ranked, but if you could include returners without it causing too much havoc, it would be cool to see a list of the top ones. Compared to some of the other suggestions, it probably wouldn't be too awful in terms of the amount of work to include either.
1/29/2017 9:34 AM (edited)
I recruit a awesome fullback but he is not a great RB.

My qb can't throw, but he can run.

I'm a running team.

My TE can't run or catch but MY GAWD can he block.

Maybe use the higher or the two ratings so my overall team rating don't look so bad because I recruit specific types of players.

Idk. Not too important.

Just bugs me for some reason when I land the #1 TE for blocking, but your ratings say he is the 35th ranked guy. Or the QB is the #1 running qb, but he's the 107th ranked passer.

Maybe add a toggle so I can see a different team rating or player rankings that more accurately what my team is.

Thanks for all the work.
1/29/2017 3:46 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 1/29/2017 3:46:00 PM (view original):
I recruit a awesome fullback but he is not a great RB.

My qb can't throw, but he can run.

I'm a running team.

My TE can't run or catch but MY GAWD can he block.

Maybe use the higher or the two ratings so my overall team rating don't look so bad because I recruit specific types of players.

Idk. Not too important.

Just bugs me for some reason when I land the #1 TE for blocking, but your ratings say he is the 35th ranked guy. Or the QB is the #1 running qb, but he's the 107th ranked passer.

Maybe add a toggle so I can see a different team rating or player rankings that more accurately what my team is.

Thanks for all the work.
I understand where you're coming from. Using the highest position role rating might have some merit. It adds a little extra work to the team rating logic but it's not impossible.
1/29/2017 5:27 PM
It would be cool to see the highest ranking senior classes. Or a stock differential. I know I recruit a lot of players who aren't ranked high as freshmen but end up being in the top 10-15 in there position because of work ethic or practice time.
1/29/2017 7:41 PM
I think someone already said it, but to revisit the rankings on a week by week basis to get a gauge on who you are playing that week.
1/30/2017 6:12 PM
Posted by Luchky on 1/30/2017 6:12:00 PM (view original):
I think someone already said it, but to revisit the rankings on a week by week basis to get a gauge on who you are playing that week.
Yes and it was shot down.. Its a bit impractical to have Bob do that and really wouldnt add much value for the amount of work.
1/30/2017 6:27 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 1/29/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
It would be cool to see the highest ranking senior classes. Or a stock differential. I know I recruit a lot of players who aren't ranked high as freshmen but end up being in the top 10-15 in there position because of work ethic or practice time.
Looks at guess reports.... zero players in the top 15 of their position. Scratches head.

I really don't think this is needed. The overall reflects a ton. Maybe have a starters ranking but even then what value does it really add.
1/30/2017 6:33 PM
So far there have been 2 ideas I really like:
  • Chrondon's rank by best positional role
  • GT's graduate class rankings - though on this one it seems to be a lot of work in the current system (since players are only pulled at the beginning of the season). So, currently, you would have to rerank the class at the beginning of the players senior year (instead of the end when they graduate) which still might lead to some interesting results because you should still see the difference in class potentials.
1/30/2017 6:46 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
GUESS Reports Feature Request Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.