YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I had to invite 9 people to dinner since I couldn't decide who to cut.

1. Socrates
2. Paul Dirac
3. Neils Bohr
4. Thomas Jefferson
5. Confucius
6. Richard Feynman
7. Henry Kissinger
8. Isaac Newton
9. Gottfried Liebniz
2/1/2017 10:57 PM
i like it a lot...some were on another of my list possiblities but iwould put in gilbert gottfried for # 9....iwas trying to think of richard feynman..i had forgotten his name.
2/1/2017 11:19 PM
Robin Williams
Jim Breuer
Yogi Berra
Madeline Kahn
Jim from Taxi
Tim Conway
Norm MacDonald
Harland Williams
Groucho Marx

2/2/2017 3:53 AM
who is harland williams.
2/2/2017 8:22 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 1/28/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
MY FAVORITE TOP 12 BEATLES SOLO ALBUMS

12. DOUBLE FANTASY - JOHN LENNON - 1980
11. LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD - GEORGE HARRISON - 1973
10. MIND GAMES - JOHN LENNON - 1973
9. RED ROSE SPEEDWAY - PAUL MCCARTNEY - 1973
8. WINGS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT - PAUL MCCARTNEY - 1975
7. RINGO - RINGO STARR - 1973
6. RAM - PAUL MCCARTNEY - 1971
5. IMAGINE - JOHN LENNON - 1971
4. VENUS AND MARS - PAUL MCCARTNEY - 1974
3. PLASTIC ONO BAND - JOHN LENNON -1970
2. BAND ON THE RUN - PAUL MCCARTNEY - 1973
1. ALL THING MUST PASS - GEORGE HARRISON - 1970

1-7..no filler...magnificent 5 star albums
8-12..some filler but otherwise many many " beatles " songs...# 8 vastly underrated..9 amazing songs/11. every McCartney sung song is 5* 6/6...5 songs by band members...3/5 are great......red rose speedway has some filler but also some of McCartney's best solo work..live and let die was done at this time and could have been on this album.
8-12 are 4.5/5 stars only because of a few filler songs.
Paul McCartney "A" List...Band On The Run-Besides the obvious (title track and Jet), album is filled with first class Mac material...From the riff building crescendo of 1985, with its coda, to the Lennonesque vocal of Let Me Roll It, this album wire to wire excellence...Recorded under dire circumstances and backed to the wall as a trio, Mccartney creates a tour de force which showcases every weapon in his arsenal- and there are quite a few...writing, playing, singing, etc...5 stars. RAM...From the chicanery of Uncle Albert to the majestic Back Seat Of My Car, this album, much maligned at the time, restored Mccartney's credibility after the lackluster first solo lp...Monkbery Moon Delight and Too Many People are 1st rate rockers...McCartney showcases his writing chops with the virtuosity entries of the countryish Heart Of The Country, the jazzy overtones of Long Haired Lady and the message sending ode to his former band mates on 3 Legs...5 stars... CHAOS and CREATION IN THE BACKYARD-Dark and introspective, this cd has McCartney in a reflective mode...Basically, a one main show, the arrangements are sparse, but create a full sound with adroit playing...McCartney, ever the melodist, has lyrically challenged himself and comes up with a winning batch of tunes that reveal his battered self esteem after an ugly, public divorce...Riding To Vanity Fair is a disguised slap at Heather Mills who spilled her guts out to that magazine, Too Much Rain is a man trying to plod onward as his life has taken a major tumble, At The Mercy chronicles Macca as he realizes that no matter how much money, fame and accord you get in life, ultimately, your strings can get cut by forces beyond your control...Takes a turn writing in Harrison style with Friends To Go, the melody twists in winds with chord structures that George would concoct...Not the usual smiling McCartney in this set of songs...A great contrast to his persona of thumbs up, ever smiling, cute Beatle...Jenny Wren won a Grammy for Vocal Performance...A five star effort... TUG OF WAR...First cd after Lennon's murder, its heartfelt tribute to him, HERE TODAY, is an emotional response in the form of a love letter to a fallen friend that forges ahead in one more conversation with John that should have taken place while he was still alive...I can do without the scmaltzy EBONY AND IVORY, but somewhere around the 2 minute mark of ThE POUND IS SINKING, is a classic Mccartney moment that merits with some of his greatest moments...The title track is wonderful as is the hit TAKE IT AWAY...A great effort after the abysmal outing of Mccartney 2...5 stars...
2/2/2017 10:22 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/2/2017 10:08:00 AM (view original):
competitors in the presidential wrestling tournament :

1 .NIXON
2 .LBJ
3. A. JACKSON
4. WASHINGTON
5. JFK
6. FORD
7. CLINTON
8. T. ROOSEVELT
9. REAGAN
10. G. CLEVELAND
11 BUSH 1
12. BUSH 2
13. LINCOLN
14. OBAMA
15. W. WILSON
16 TRUMP

BRACKETS AND REFS TO FOLLOW
Add one more and give Lincoln a first round bye....An old school professional wrestling myth was the old NWA title could trace it's lineage to honest Abe holding it in Illinois, when it was still legitimate contests
2/2/2017 10:36 AM
bottomlee....great..great....great stuff.....everything on mac..i agree...the basic..simple solo ebony and ivory without stevie wonder is much better and i think perfect...if the first album had a proper producer there was a greater album there...still with all of its flaws it is still a very solid 4 stars....many call ram the first indie album but i say mccartney was the first...i actually love the instrumental riff cuts.
2/2/2017 11:15 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/2/2017 8:22:00 AM (view original):
who is harland williams.
Comedian, actor. Played the cop in Dumb and Dumber. Was in Half Baked with Breuer and Chappelle. ..does great standup and voices. His Mr Magoo is spot on...
2/2/2017 3:51 PM
i meant great stuff to dgallo about mccartney..amazing....dgallo..do you have a writing or music background ?
2/2/2017 4:04 PM
JOURNALISM DEGREE THAT I NEVER USED AND HUGE MUSIC FAN...
2/2/2017 4:42 PM
quite obvious...what do you think of venus and mars.....one of mcartney's problems was a mad rush to put an album out every year...for example..if he took the best cuts from london town and back to the egg there could have been an incredible album....also he would not put amazing singles on albums...another day....junior's farm''a and b........hi hi hi etc.
2/2/2017 5:14 PM
WRESTLING REFEREES -

1. hubert humphrey
2. granny clampett
3. jed clampett
4. andy kaufman
5. bob costas
6. joey ramone

there will be 2 brackets and seedings will be chosen by random darwinian selection.
2/2/2017 7:41 PM (edited)
You might as well save yourself the time and go ahead and advance Teddy and AJax to the final. Nobody else on that list can hang with those rough and tumble fellows. Although if it's at the time of inauguration the bullet wounds might make Jackson less formidable...

Still not as sickly as JFK. You should have left him out of this.
2/2/2017 7:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.