YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

I watched "Rope" again recently and Stewart was great as the creepy Nietzsche disciple who gets his comeuppance at the end. He was terrific in nearly every Hitchcock film he was in (except "The Man Who Knew Too Much" which was a mess all around). I didn't mean to suggest he and Hanks were equals as actors.
2/16/2017 2:12 PM
Has Tom Hanks ever played a dark character, if not an outright villain? Road to Perdition maybe? It would be interesting to see him play an outright bad guy.
2/16/2017 3:04 PM
Posted by coyote522 on 2/15/2017 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Great post, CrazyStengel.
whenever my father claims that "citizen kane is the best movie ever made" i say
"feel like watching it now?"
I never feel like watching it again, but it is a very good movie.

i agree with so much of your list. There are a few on it that i never even got all the way through once
("gone with the wind"), and some I have seen way too many times
("its a wonderful life").

how about the opposite list :
movies you can watch over and over , or at least once a year, and never get tired of?
a few suggestions

"Casablanca"
"the apartment"
"rear window"
"a night at the opera"
(6 other marx brothers movies)
"to be or not to be" (the lubitsh version with jack benny)
"the african queen"
"north by northwest"
"gunga din"
"sons of the desert"
"sherlock junior"
and my all time favorite:
"big deal on madonna street" (soliti ignoti)
Mostly the movies I can watch again and again are comedies. The Blues Brothers. Anchorman. Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men. The Apartment. Barefoot in the Park. There's Something about Mary. Office Space. The Odd Couple. Animal House. Three Amigos! Blazing Saddles. Bridesmaids. Horrible Bosses.

Also any of the original Star Wars trilogy, Casablanca, and quite a few sports movies. And much of the Disney catalog.
2/16/2017 4:11 PM
Speaking of comedies and sports movies, Major League 1 and 2 definitely qualify...
2/16/2017 4:12 PM
Posted by dino27 on 2/16/2017 1:11:00 AM (view original):
id rather watch our town.....wonderful life is just so corny and sweet and saccarine..you could get diabetes from watching it..and poor uncle billy is sheer torture to watch...jimmy should have gotten off at willoughby.
Whenever "It's a Wonderful Life" is on (and wifey is watching it in the other room), I'm yelling about what a ******* dipshit Uncle Billy is. Jimmy Stewart should've put a bullet in that idiot's head, and he wouldn't have needed an angel to fix things....
2/16/2017 6:52 PM
A movie you can watch again and again... I like Pulp Fiction (aside from the painful part with Fabienne, the single most useless character in the history of movies). Kill Bill vol 1 is also a movie I'll watch whenever I happen to catch a glimpse while I'm surfing.

I'll also watch most of my favorite comedies over and over again (Animal House, Big Trouble in Little China, Young Frankenstein, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, etc.)
2/16/2017 6:56 PM
big trouble is not very well known....i liked that movie a lot.
2/16/2017 7:27 PM
MY FAV ROCK AND ROLL MOVIES
( not bios or documentaries or concerts )
alphabetical

1. american graffiti
2. american hot wax
3. hard days night
4. help
5. rocky horror picture show
6. school of rock
7. spinal tap
8. tommy
9. viva las vegas
10. west side story ( gangs and music = rock and roll )
2/17/2017 10:13 AM (edited)
Good list, but I'd add a Canadian mockumentary you guys have probably never heard of:

Hard Core Logo
2/17/2017 12:50 AM
and also the ruttles.
2/17/2017 10:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
anybody watch humans on amc....also badlands on amc..
2/23/2017 2:38 PM
Wow, now you're referencing Carpenters' songs?
2/24/2017 3:49 PM
thats klaatu while i wait for the next mccartney review.......if you never heard the original treat yourself at youtube.
2/24/2017 4:49 PM
Im looking forward to kong of skull island...this is a new origin story of the giant king kong that will be in king kong vs godzilla after godzilla 2....these are the true oscar movies.
2/26/2017 9:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.