YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

I don't know how we got 2 lists before this with no mention of Zeppelin. Seems like an obvious pick. I have them as my event headliners...

All in all I picked in what I assume was the spirit of the concept - I'm not trying to pick my favorite bands, but rather the ones I expect to put on a great performance in the context of a big outdoor festival. Michael Jackson is nowhere in the neighborhood of cracking my list of 18 favorite musical groups. Not my list of top 100 groups. But he was great at doing huge shows and firing up the crowd. I probably should have put U2 on day 3 instead of Deep Purple, but Bono is just such a douche. I wish I'd had a little more room for CCR, ZZ Top, Bob Seger, Bad Company...

Very important note - if I'm allowed to cheat a little bit, I'd sub the Louisiana Gator Boys for one of the existing Clapton bands. Greatest band of all time, but of course they only played 2 songs...
4/2/2017 9:06 PM
Some day I want to see a virtual reality jam with Clapton, Skydog, Stevie Ray and Jimi. Opening act is The Outlaws. Would be fun to see if Hughie the Flame could give Stevie Ray a run for his money...

I will pass on any recent bands. George Harrison summed up U2's music. Rubbish...

Someone told me Dream Theater was the greatest metal band. Gifted musicians, but obviously the guy never listened to Sad Wings of Destiny...
4/2/2017 10:01 PM (edited)
dahsdebater, the topic is "Your own private Woodstock" so I picked in that spirit -- precisely the bands I'd want to see, no one else. Some of my choices (especially Day 3) would no doubt see a lot of tomatoes thrown their way if they performed at a big outdoor concert...
4/2/2017 9:45 PM
SIMSTOCK is back

DAY 1
1. SANTANA
2. JANIS JOPLIN
2. X
4. THE DOORS
5. THE CLASH
6. ROLLING STONES

DAY 2
1. PROCOL HARUM
2. ELVIS COSTELLO
3.THE SEX PISTOLS
4. THE WHO
5. BOB DYLAN....backed by the BAND
6. ELVIS PRESLEY....backed by THE CLASH

DAY 3
1. PINK FLOYD.....with and without SYD BARRETT
2. TEN YEARS AFTER
3. NEW YORK DOLLS / JOHNNY THUNDERS
4. DAVID BOWIE with guest IGGY POP
5. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
6. BEATLES - group and solo songs
4/3/2017 12:09 AM (edited)
As there are no "rules" at real rock festivals. (They couldn't even enforce "tickets" at Woodstock.) I took some liberty with the "rules" on this. Sorry Dino.

Day 1

Noon---------- New Riders of the Purple Sage
1:30 PM----- The BoDeans
3:15 PM----- The Outlaws
5 PM---------- Steve Earle & Friends (who knows whom he'll bring along??)
6:30 PM------ Van Morrison
8 PM -------- Rickie Lee Jones
9 PM ------- Honey Honey
10 PM ----- Whiskeytown followed by an intermission for announcements, smoke and **** breaks, refueling, etc......
11:15ish ---- Ryan Adams & the (reformed) Cardinals
12:30 AM ---- Ten Years After
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Two

10:30 AM ------- Calexico
Noon ------- Scott Miller & The Commonwealth
1:30 PM ------ Drive By Truckers
3 PM ------ Bob Dylan with the T-Bone Burnett Band**
** = T-Bone, guitars and various things
Benmont Tench, Piano and Hammond B-3
Sean Watkins, Guitar, harmony Vocals
Sara Watkins, Fiddle, Vocals and Ukelele
Greg Leisz, Pedal Steel Guitar
Davey Faragher,, Bass
Steve Ferrone, Drums

4 PM ------ Jackson Browne with the T-Bone Burnett Band**
6 PM ----- Poco
8 PM ---- Joe Walsh including a set with The James Gang, followed by The Eagles
11:15-ish ---- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Three

10 AM-ish ------ The Rolling Stones
Noon -ish ----- Neil Young & Friends Incl. a set with Crazy Horse, followed by Buffalo Springfield
2:35 ----------- Wilco
4:30 ------------ The Who
6 PM ----------- (The) Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, and Danny Kirwin followed by an intermission for announcements, smoke and **** breaks, refueling, etc...... following which the "modern" Fleetwood Mac take the stage (Lindsay Buckingham, Christine (Perfect) McVie, Stevie Nicks, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood)
8 PM --------- Amanda Shires Band, followed by Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit
10 PM ---------- The Beatles
11:30 PM --------- Eric Clapton set followed by Cream
After Midnight sometime------ Led Zeppelin

All times Approximate
4/3/2017 3:21 PM (edited)
very very cool.
4/3/2017 3:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
YOUR OWN PRIVATE WOODSTOCK Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.