Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Fake scandal.
3/2/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/2/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like he doesn't think he was lying. He answered the question as it was asked. "Did the Trump campaign have any ties to Russia?". Whether he met with any Russians outside of his association with the Trump campaign, as part of his "day job", would not be relevant if he takes the question as literally as posed.

Lying is not the issue. Lack of transparency is. Something this administration doesn't seem to understand. Or care about.
His exact words:

“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians"

I think you're right that he could make an argument that his work as a senator as separate from his work as a surrogate for the campaign, but I don't believe for a second that he didn't think he was lying by omission. He left it out because it would have been news. He knew it would have been news and hoped that the meeting would never come out.

Do you have some sort of special insight into what Jeff Sessions was thinking when he testified during his confirmation hearings?
3/2/2017 2:28 PM
Of course he does. You know that.
3/2/2017 2:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/2/2017 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/2/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like he doesn't think he was lying. He answered the question as it was asked. "Did the Trump campaign have any ties to Russia?". Whether he met with any Russians outside of his association with the Trump campaign, as part of his "day job", would not be relevant if he takes the question as literally as posed.

Lying is not the issue. Lack of transparency is. Something this administration doesn't seem to understand. Or care about.
His exact words:

“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians"

I think you're right that he could make an argument that his work as a senator as separate from his work as a surrogate for the campaign, but I don't believe for a second that he didn't think he was lying by omission. He left it out because it would have been news. He knew it would have been news and hoped that the meeting would never come out.

Do you have some sort of special insight into what Jeff Sessions was thinking when he testified during his confirmation hearings?
No, it's my opinion. This Russia story was in full swing when he testified before the Senate. There's no way it just slipped his mind.
There's a Russia story? I was unawares.
3/2/2017 3:19 PM
you're unaware of lots of things, dude
3/2/2017 4:09 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/2/2017 4:09:00 PM (view original):
you're unaware of lots of things, dude
Like when I predicted Trump would win the primaries, and then the presidency? Like how I've said he who has control of the AG and DOJ controls who gets prosecuted and who doesn't. Right now they are Trump people so this so called Russia story is DOA.
3/2/2017 4:22 PM
I'll tell you something else I'm aware of. Democrats and the fake news outlets are going to continue daily with stories like this for the next 8 years while Trump is in office. Doesn't bother me much.... I'm expecting it. If you watched the Van Jones link I provided you'll know why that's a good thing for The Donald.

JONES: Hey listen, because of the Messy Truth I've been able to go out there, I've been in all the swing states, I was just out in Arizona. And I'm starting to hear a little bit more of what the people who like Trump get. I think the liberals are doing this thing of saying, “We are going to put him on trial about protocol and politeness.” There's a protocol for talking to journalists and he's not doing it, and for judges and spies and we're going to put him on trial about protocol about politeness.

He is run a movement based on pride and prosperity. It's a completely different appeal. And so that I think creates this -- you know, this mess where the liberals are out there protesting and the independents are moving his way. And then guess what? It's even worse than that. He may take the protocol card away. He may actually start following the protocol. So then the liberals are going to get beaten not just because we can't compete with him on pride and prosperity, but we can't demonize him on protocol. I've been screaming about Trump for two years. I don't think the liberals can stand him and once again I think liberals are in grave danger of missing the whole plot until it's too late.

3/2/2017 4:40 PM
I don't care if Trump is polite or not. I do care when he puts a guy who doesn't care about the environment in charge of the EPA. I do care when he puts a women who has no experience with public education in charge of the department of education. I don't care if Kellyanne Conway puts her feet up on the couch in the oval office. I do care if she lies (or uses alternative facts) to us. I don't care if Trump sends 1,000,000 idiotic tweets a day. I do care if he talks about remembering the holocaust but neglects to remember the 6,000,000 Jews who perished in it.
3/2/2017 5:52 PM
Terrifying? Like you pee in your pants when you think about it?
3/2/2017 6:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.