Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 2/19/2017 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I guess we just differ on where national security dollars should go. Personally, I think hiring thousands of more border agents is adding waste in government. It's far from our biggest problems.
Border agents also stop drugs from entering the country... which is a huge problem in the USA. I don't think you see the whole picture.

What is nice is Trump is already saving money on F35 and Air Force One projects. I expect that trend to continue. Its about time a President said you should be building these national security aircraft because you are an american company and its the patriotic thing to do rather than to rip off the tax payers because its in the best interest of your business.
2/19/2017 11:56 PM (edited)
Posted by The Taint on 2/19/2017 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/19/2017 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 2/19/2017 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/19/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 2/19/2017 10:59:00 PM (view original):
What's going to be really funny is when they really **** off Mexico and Mexico says **** it, and starts giving free rides to the American border for the 150,000 + illegal Central American illegal immigrants that Mexico helps keep out every year. Nothing like creating an enemy on one of our borders.
All they will find when they get there is a fence that says "**** off, go home!"
Yeah, the fences have done so well.
3 points....

1) Government idiots built the 700 miles of fencing (only 36 miles with double fencing)... Not a businessman like Trump.
2) Its only a small portion that's fenced... 700 miles of the 2-3k mile border. Plenty more to go.
3) How do you know know that the fence is not working - do you have data as to WHERE illegals are getting in (fenced areas vs non-fenced)?
Well, about 40 percent of those here illegally are folks that overstay their visas. nothing to do with a fence.

Mexicans only make up about 52 percent of the illegal people here in the country and that number has been steadily declining.

California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey and Illinois make up almost 60 percent of all illegal people that live in the country. No Mexican border with 3 of those.

The fence is not working. The wall will be a huge waste of money.
Its not just about the fence though... part of this is psychological. If people BELIEVE its too hard to get into the USA they won't try. The new EO trump wrote a couple weeks ago allows DHS to hold illegals behind bars until their hearing (rather then release them right away to 'sponsors' like Obama did in hopes they's show up to their court hearing in 6 months). More border agents. A wall. Now add in the extra difficulty for cartels to smuggle illegals in and the price increase to offset that. Any sane person will start looking to illegally immigrate elsewhere.

About 50% of illegals in this country (not all mexicans) come here via the southern border. The other 50% or so through visa overstays...

What 3 things has Trump been all over --- A wall (to stop that 50%), increasing deportations when caught and reducing immigrant visas (making it harder to overstay a visa which is the other 50%). He's doing what needs to be done. The good news for Trump is it won't be hard to show it's working when the actual numbers/results come in because Obama had opened the floodgates to illegals. He's starting from a very low benchmark. Thanks Oblunder!!
2/20/2017 12:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 2/20/2017 12:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/19/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 2/19/2017 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I guess we just differ on where national security dollars should go. Personally, I think hiring thousands of more border agents is adding waste in government. It's far from our biggest problems.
Border agents also stop drugs from entering the country... which is a huge problem in the USA. I don't think you see the whole picture.

What is nice is Trump is already saving money on F35 and Air Force One projects. I expect that trend to continue. Its about time a President said you should be building these national security aircraft because you are an american company and its the patriotic thing to do rather than to rip off the tax payers because its in the best interest of your business.
LOL...the real drug problem is big phrama and opiods....but nice try.

The money he's saving, he's spending on Mar-Lago weekends and his wife living in New York.
Heroin is a big deal these days:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/13/donald-trump/trump-right-heroin-coming-through-southern-border/
2/20/2017 12:51 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/20/2017 1:14:00 AM (view original):
notthing compared to big pharma.....1/2 the amount of deaths. A huge percentage smaller adcition than opiods. ******* drug smoke screen.
This is the second time you've done this tonight. 40% of all illegals are from visa overstays so why bother building a wall? Heroin coming across the southern border is nothing compared to big pharma so why bother stopping heroin from crossing the southern border?

It's the most retarded argument ever. Technically more deaths are caused by heart disease than by guns so why bother with gun control, right?
2/20/2017 1:29 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/20/2017 1:31:00 AM (view original):
you're wasting money on the second leading cause. Fix the leading cause first, then lets talk.If Trump is really anti-establishment he should have no problem in going after Big pharma...the seriously, real problem in this country.
The good news for you is Trump has attacked pharma more than any other industry imo.... So you should love Trump on this issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/11/trump-on-drug-prices-pharma-companies-are-getting-away-with-murder/

why is it you think Trump can only do one thing at once? Like build a wall but ignore visa overstays or fight drugs crossing the border but ignore big pharma? He can do both at the same time... He's not a politician.... He's a businessman!!
2/20/2017 1:40 AM (edited)
President-elect Donald Trump pulled no punches when it came to big pharma in a press conference on Wednesday: He said that pharmaceutical companies "are getting away with murder." Trump also promised that he would do something about the problem when he takes office. During the 20-minute press conference, big pharma stocks lost around $24.6 billion in combined market cap.
2/20/2017 1:40 AM
Taint is one angry lib.

I still think snipers every 300 yards solves the border problem. That's psychological.
2/20/2017 8:53 AM
Aren't all libs angry right now? The ones I know are still throwing social media tantrums.
2/20/2017 9:25 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/20/2017 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/20/2017 1:40:00 AM (view original):
President-elect Donald Trump pulled no punches when it came to big pharma in a press conference on Wednesday: He said that pharmaceutical companies "are getting away with murder." Trump also promised that he would do something about the problem when he takes office. During the 20-minute press conference, big pharma stocks lost around $24.6 billion in combined market cap.
I guess you missed the part where Trump said "never mind about all that" after meeting with pharmacist lobbyists.
I must have missed it..... This is what I saw:

Trump calls for lower drug prices, fewer regulations in meeting with pharmaceutical executives

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/31/trump-calls-for-lower-drug-prices-fewer-regulations-in-meeting-with-pharmaceutical-executives/

Sounds like he discussed leveraging the bargaining power of Medicare and Medicaid to drive drug prices down amongst other things. Good BUSINESS move by a businessman that will help millions of people.
2/20/2017 12:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.