Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

2/21/2017 2:08 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/20/2017 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/20/2017 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/20/2017 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/20/2017 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Check out the 23 year old author of BL's article....

http://www.vox.com/authors/matthew-yglesias

His resume:

Matthew Yglesias used to have other, different jobs writing things on the internet for different websites. Now he works [at Vox].
You really think he's 23?
Does it matter? Clearly this kid is about as credible as you or me posting in this forum. Next time I need to prove a point I think I'll cite MikeT.
Pretty sure they're kidding about the resume. Yglesias is a fairly well known politics writer and Vox is a respectable site.
If b_l likes them, they must conduct great polls.
How many points did those polls have Crooked Hillary winning by?
2/21/2017 9:45 AM
This is great BL.... Matthew Yglesias is well known.... For retweeting fake news. This from a heritage fact check piece on fake news since Trump won the presidency....

January 31: The Big Travel Ban Lie

On January 31, a Fox affiliate station out of Detroit reported that “A local business owner who flew to Iraq to bring his mother back home to the US for medical treatment said she was blocked from returning home under President Trump’s ban on immigration and travel from seven predominately Muslim nations. He said that while she was waiting for approval to fly home, she died from an illness.”

Like most other sensational news incidents, this one took off, big-time: it was shared countless times on Facebook, not just from the original article itself (123,000 shares) but via secondary reporting outlets such as the Huffington Post (nearly 9,000 shares). Credulous reporters and media personalities shared the story on Twitter to the tune of thousands and thousands of retweets, including: Christopher Hooks, Gideon Resnick, Daniel Dale, Sarah Silverman, Blake Hounshell, Brian Beutler, Garance Franke-Ruta, Keith Olbermann (he got 3,600 retweets on that one!), Matthew Yglesias, and Farhad Manjoo.

The story spread so far because it gratified all the biases of the liberal media elite: it proved that Trump’s “Muslim ban” was an evil, racist Hitler-esque mother-killer of an executive order.

There was just one problem: it was a lie. The man had lied about when his mother died. The Fox affiliate hadn’t bothered to do the necessary research to confirm or disprove the man’s account. The news station quietly corrected the story after giving rise to such wild, industrial-scale hysteria.

2/21/2017 10:41 AM (edited)
For anyone interested in understanding why so many people believe mainstream media is reporting fake news:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/
2/21/2017 10:40 AM
Would you consider the president saying he had the most electoral votes since Reagan to be fake news?
2/21/2017 9:22 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/21/2017 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Would you consider the president saying he had the most electoral votes since Reagan to be fake news?
I don't even consider it newsworthy. Trump made an incorrect claim about an irrelevant topic. If the media would fact check their own **** as much as they do Trump's they wouldn't be in the predicament they are now.

Trump's exact line (in context):

“I wasn’t supposed to get 222 [Electoral College votes]. They said there’s no way to get 222, 230’s impossible — 270, which you need, that was laughable. We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before, so that’s the way it goes,” Trump said.

“I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,” the president then added.

2/21/2017 9:44 PM
This was also not newsworthy. Obama at the time made an inaccurate claim about 57 States...

As reported by Reuters, Obama was howdying a crowd in Beaverton, Ore., on May 9, 2008, when he said: "It is wonderful to be back in Oregon. Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states. I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."
2/21/2017 9:53 PM
It's not the President's job to report the news.... It's the media's. Too bad they are all hell-bent on breaking (inaccurate) stories first and then regurgitating each other's fake stories with little to no fact-checking. One of my favorites was when BuzzFeed and CNN claimed Michael Cohen was meeting with the Russians and it turned out that it was not the same Michael Cohen that worked for Trump... In fact Trump's Cohen has never been to Russia in his life. Did they bother to check? Nope!! Good times.
2/21/2017 10:01 PM
So no....the President can say whatever he wants, as long as someone sticks it in front of his face, even if it's not true.

Trump:
"The murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years." Another false statement.....is the president guilty of commiting, "fake news"?
2/21/2017 10:02 PM
"Smart! 'Kuwait issues its own Trump-esque visa ban for five Muslim-majority countries.'

Fake news reported by the president.....does he get dinged for this at all?
2/21/2017 10:05 PM
Who cares if Trump says he had the biggest EC win since Reagan? He describes everything as biggest, greatest, most excellent, etc, etc. Pick a superlative, he can work it into a sentence about himself.

Super angry liberal nitpicking.
2/21/2017 10:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...37|38|39|40|41...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.