Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 3/24/2017 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Kinda weird that bracco blocks todd but responds to doug's posts.
Who doesn't love kittens?
3/24/2017 1:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
I'd like to take this moment to add that "The Negotiator in Chief" is having issues much like I predicted. When he's hiring someone to put drywall in his building, and they won't co-operate, he can say "**** you" and call another drywall company. Now, when Congress won't co-operate, he says "Vote on it or Obamacare stays". That's not a negotiation.

******* moy.
Yeah, this is a rude awakening for Trump.
3/24/2017 1:08 PM
I'd like to take this moment to add that "The Negotiator in Chief" is having issues much like I predicted. When he's hiring someone to put drywall in his building, and they won't co-operate, he can say "**** you" and call another drywall company. Now, when Congress won't co-operate, he says "Vote on it or Obamacare stays". That's not a negotiation.

******* moy.
This IS negotiating. The Healthcare Bill will pass the house today. I told someone yesterday that Trump would throw down the ultimatum exactly the way he did last night. The other guy was trying to tell me that as soon as the bill was passed the house freedom caucus has no leverage because if the bill does get past the senate next by the time its back in the house they won't want to be the ones to block it meaning they can't get what they want. I said Trump will just move on from healthcare and go to taxes. He's got plenty of issues he wants to work on and does not need to spend his whole first term fighting with these guys over healthcare.

Remember - plenty of these representatives are up for re-election in 2 years and they're not going to want to go back home from washington empty handed without repealing obamacare. That's trumps leverage... and he's been priming the message for over a week.... "You've had 8 years to come up with a plan and you haven't done it - Now its my plan!" and more importantly "Obamacare will implode on its own if we leave it be - I should just do that so the Democrats can own their own mess!"

Let me ask you this - Honest;y - Do you think Trump will move on from repealing Obamacare if the house votes no on this deal? I don't think he's bluffing... but that's the beauty of a 'crazy' person. You can never tell.
3/24/2017 1:22 PM
Trump did good.

He's not a politician. He hires the best to work for him. Some of these guys were given to him.

Trump wanted what was best for the people and trusted Ryan and Co. to get it done. Not happening.

It took Obama over a year, using ideas and themes floated since Johnson, and look what we got. This is a virus and it has mutated. Obama had both houses and the Supreme Court and Al Frankin AND it still took JOE BIDEN to get it done. All that for a complete disaster. The worst legislation ever created and passed in the history of Western Civilization.

So forgive me if TRUMP hasn't solved it in 60 days. He's not getting any help out there.

BUT he did try and all his supporters see that. AND he is being attacked from all sides and all good citizens and honest people acknowledge that. And a lot of us think we can do better...and we will.

Meanwhile we have a wall to build and pipelines to lay and taxes to simplify and jobs to create. And we will.

Trump did good.
3/24/2017 1:22 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/24/2017 1:08:00 PM (view original):

******* moy.
Yeah, this is a rude awakening for Trump.
Trump can easily pivot his message back to 'drain the swamp' on the house members that voted it down. They were elected to repeal obamacare, they all voted once to do it when they KNEW Obama would veto it, then when they have the chance to actually pass the bill they squabble over it, dragging the process out and ultimately vote no because they don't have the balls to vote yes when Trump will actually approve the bill.... Seems like typical Washington Grandstanding. The same Washington that people strongly dislike. I guarantee he's told the republican house members this in private.

BL - This is a rude awakening more for congress that Trump will not accept 'Business As Usual'.

I LOVE IT!
3/24/2017 1:33 PM (edited)
I love that Obamacare will stay in place forever.
3/24/2017 1:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/24/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Let's hope not. The only reason why it's staying in place is that the GOP has proposed an even bigger POS piece of legislation than the one it's trying to replace.

What's incredibly stupid is that the GOP has had seven ******* years to try to figure out what to do, and they've spent it on empty rhetoric. Now that they have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, they have no ******* clue what to do with it.
3/24/2017 1:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/24/2017 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Let's hope not. The only reason why it's staying in place is that the GOP has proposed an even bigger POS piece of legislation than the one it's trying to replace.

What's incredibly stupid is that the GOP has had seven ******* years to try to figure out what to do, and they've spent it on empty rhetoric. Now that they have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, they have no ******* clue what to do with it.
Totally agree. Do you blame Trump for that?
3/24/2017 1:42 PM
Obamacare is on life support.
3/24/2017 1:50 PM

They don't have a plan because there isn't an easy way to fix health insurance.

- Everyone needs coverage.
- Not everyone can afford coverage.
- Health insurance companies need to make a profit.
- Insuring everyone at prices that can be paid is unprofitable.
3/24/2017 1:55 PM
It's refreshing to see a political party fight it out in the trenches and not walking lockstep to the leadership because they fear for their jobs or re-election funding and support.

I don't subscribe to the "they had 8 years" line of thinking which seems to be popular everywhere these days.

What we have here is the faction that wants a clean slate to write upon and another which sees some merit in parts of a failed scheme.

I'm rooting for the TEA Party and the Freedom Caucus.

I don't want ANY Republican fingerprints on anything that smells like AHCA.
3/24/2017 2:03 PM
Posted by moy23 on 3/24/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):

To be fair, pretty much EVERYONE anticipated that it was gonna be Hillary (aka, Obama II: The Heretic), so the Republicans didn't think they would need an alternative to Obamacare, and were busy focusing on tiny little pieces of it to dissect.
3/24/2017 2:11 PM

Sure.

Didn't he claim, during the campaign, that he personally was the only one who knew how to fix all of America's problems? Isn't that the Kool Aid that all the little Trumplings like yourself have been drinking for the past 18 months?
3/24/2017 2:15 PM
A few points.

-Not everyone needs coverage.
-Everyone has access to health services.
-Insurance companies deserve the same freedom to conduct business nationwide as any other entity.
-insuring everyone is wrong.
3/24/2017 2:15 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 3/24/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):

To be fair, pretty much EVERYONE anticipated that it was gonna be Hillary (aka, Obama II: The Heretic), so the Republicans didn't think they would need an alternative to Obamacare, and were busy focusing on tiny little pieces of it to dissect.
This is also the first time in 8 years house republicans (many of them newer members) have ever had to work together on something other than saying NO!... That said - This is their job to agree on the details and they need to figure it out. Trump did his part getting the issue on the agenda, meeting with over 120 congressmen, and moving the vote along. If he is going to have to micromanage congress on every issue he'll end up being Obama 2.0 basically governing by EO.
3/24/2017 2:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...104|105|106|107|108...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.