Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by moy23 on 5/1/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 6:24:00 AM (view original):

Donald Trump has blamed the US constitution for the problems he has encountered during his first 100 days in office.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the milestone, the Republican called the system of checks and balances on power “archaic”.

“It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

Keep missing the point
The point? The Constitution can't keep up with Trump's pace. He wants to move faster while the Democrats want to stall.
So you think it is time for us to abandon the constitution? The concept of the USA is a failure? And you brown shirts on the right I am sure have come up with an alternative? Look forward to hearing about it.
5/1/2017 10:43 AM
Posted by all3 on 5/1/2017 8:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 8:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 6:26:00 AM (view original):
Welcome to Corporate Amerika!
Bears repeating
The Bears haven't won anything since 1986 - they're not repeating - with that Draft, they'll probably be just like the radical Liberals and keep on losing.
So glad I ****** that up. Gives you an excuse to ignore what the fascists are doing to destroy your country. Your kind would never fight for it so I guess I did you a service. You are welcome
5/1/2017 10:47 AM
Posted by moy23 on 5/1/2017 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2017 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/1/2017 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/1/2017 9:59:00 AM (view original):
Trump blames the Constitution for his failures in his first hundred days. Calls it an archaic system.
Trump said he failed? I didn't hear that.
He didn't have to actually say it. Running around blaming everyone else for...you know...something...kind of gives it away.
So Obama blaming Bush for 8 years means Obama admitted good presidency was a failure.
LOL
5/1/2017 10:54 AM
Sorry, Mr. Jackson, he is for real.

Taking a stab at revisionist history, President Trump said in an interview Monday that he thinks former President Andrew Jackson would have been able to prevent the Civil War.

"Had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War," Trump told SiriusXMPolitics about the seventh President , who left office 24 years before, and died 16 years before the onset of the American Civil War.

"He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart, and he was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War," Trump said.

"He said, there's no reason for this. People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, you think about it, why? People don't ask that question," Trump continued. "But why was there the Civil War. Why would that one not have been worked out?"

Jackson was in office from 1829 to 1837 and died in 1845. The Civil War broke out 16 years after Jackson's death, on April 12, 1861, when Fort Sumter, in South Carolina, was attacked.

While divisions among pro- and anti-slavery elements in the young union were certainly already prevalent during the Jackson administration, there is zero evidence that Jackson had absolutely anything to do with the catastrophic U.S. conflict that would break out a full 24 years after he left office.

In addition, Jackson, a native of the Carolinas who began his political career in Tennessee, was a southerner at heart who owned slaves.

He was most well-known for forcing Native Americans from their homes in what became known as the Trail of Tears and for being a decorated veteran who served in the War of 1812.
Trump has been frequently compared to the former President, due to their shared their reputations as outsiders wanting to defy the political establishment, their populist styles, their reliance on advice from non-governmental officials (Jackson had a slate of advisers called the "Kitchen Cabinet") and their shared confrontational relationship with the media.

But despite a raft of unfavorable information about Jackson and his role in American history, Trump has nevertheless welcomed the comparison. He has hung a portrait of Jackson in the Oval Office and last month paid homage to Jackson by marking the seventh President's 250th birthday with a visit to his Tennessee home and final resting place.

Trump continued to embrace that comparison during his interview with SiriuxXMPolitics.

"They said my campaign is most like ... like Andrew Jackson with his campaign," he told the satellite radio station, before launching into a story about the occasion when he learned of Jackson's political career.

"And I said, 'when was Andrew Jackson?' It was 1828. That's a long time ago, "Trump said.

"That's Andrew Jackson. And he had a very, very mean and nasty campaign … Because they said this was the meanest and the nastiest. And unfortunately it continues," Trump said.

"His wife died," Trump added, referring to the 1828 death of Rachel Jackson, whose demise historian have, in fact, credited in part to the stress of the election.

"They destroyed his wife and she died," he said.

"And you know, he was a swashbuckler," Trump continued. "But when you wife died, you know, he visited her grave every day."

Trump's eye-popping history gaffe, however, is far from his first.

In February, during a White House listening session with African-American leaders in honor of Black History Month, he appeared to not understand that Frederick Douglass, the famous slave-turned-abolitionist, had died long ago.

"Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice," he said.

Weeks later, at a GOP fundraiser, he appeared to suggest that he hadn't known, until recently, that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

"Great President. Most people don't even know he was a Republican, right? Does anyone know?" he said.
5/1/2017 10:59 AM
Here we have the product of a very expensive education. makes one weep to think this ignorant *** is the President of my country
5/1/2017 11:01 AM
Trump blames the Constitution for his failures in his first hundred days. Calls it an archaic system.
He didn't have to actually say it. Running around blaming everyone else for...you know...something...kind of gives it away.
So Obama blaming Bush for 8 years means Obama admitted good presidency was a failure.
Who should Obama blame for the 2008 recession?
5/1/2017 11:24 AM
2008 recession was planed by the GOP as a way to finally rid themselves of as much of the middle class as they could.
5/1/2017 11:37 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2017 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Is it the job of the POTUS to blame someone or fix the damn problem? Because I always thought it was the latter.
5/1/2017 11:39 AM
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/1/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 6:24:00 AM (view original):

Donald Trump has blamed the US constitution for the problems he has encountered during his first 100 days in office.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the milestone, the Republican called the system of checks and balances on power “archaic”.

“It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

Keep missing the point
The point? The Constitution can't keep up with Trump's pace. He wants to move faster while the Democrats want to stall.
So you think it is time for us to abandon the constitution? The concept of the USA is a failure? And you brown shirts on the right I am sure have come up with an alternative? Look forward to hearing about it.
No.... You're being too literal. This is simply Trump's way of telling the nation the Democrats are holding the US back from greatness!
5/1/2017 11:40 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Is it the job of the POTUS to blame someone or fix the damn problem? Because I always thought it was the latter.
Did Obama blame Bush? Or did obama supporters blame Bush?
5/1/2017 11:52 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/1/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Obama used "previous administration" a lot when talking about the issues the US faced. Did he say "Dubya..."? No. But we know who headed the previous administration.
5/1/2017 12:06 PM
The talking heads on CNN today are ready to explode, especially over the civil war comment. This is how I know Trump is doing a great job!!!
5/1/2017 12:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/1/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Obama used "previous administration" a lot when talking about the issues the US faced. Did he say "Dubya..."? No. But we know who headed the previous administration.
People were blaming him for the recession. He was correcting them.

Even you have to admit that Obama didn't cause the recession and that if we're going to blame a president for the recession, it has to be W.

Imagine you get hired as a caretaker for a large, historic, important house. You show up on day one and the thing has been lit on fire. You put the fire out and get to work on the repairs, but everyday someone comes along asking you what happened and why it's taking so long to fix. It would be reasonable to point out that the place was on fire when you got there, right?

5/1/2017 12:32 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Bears repeating
The Bears haven't won anything since 1986 - they're not repeating - with that Draft, they'll probably be just like the radical Liberals and keep on losing.
So glad I ****** that up. Gives you an excuse to ignore what the fascists are doing to destroy your country. Your kind would never fight for it so I guess I did you a service. You are welcome
The only people destroying this Country are the radical Liberals who want to keep handing more and more people more and more instead of making them work for it. They even have themselves so confused they don't know if they want tradition (as you clamor for while twisting Trump's words about the Constitution) or change (as in granting every minority their every wish). I'm a middle-aged, middle-class, hetero-sexual, Christian, male. I'm the freakin' minority these days. Hand me something for nothin' too.
5/1/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/1/2017 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 5/1/2017 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Bears repeating
The only people destroying this Country are the radical Liberals who want to keep handing more and more people more and more instead of making them work for it. They even have themselves so confused they don't know if they want tradition (as you clamor for while twisting Trump's words about the Constitution) or change (as in granting every minority their every wish). I'm a middle-aged, middle-class, hetero-sexual, Christian, male. I'm the freakin' minority these days. Hand me something for nothin' too.
???? You certainly aren't a minority
5/1/2017 1:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...169|170|171|172|173...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.