Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/25/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Greg Gianforte is going to win in Montana.... thanks to early voting.
He's up by <0.5% in a state that the GOP should win by 20 points.

But, sure, Trump isn't causing Republicans problems.
Problems are when republicans actually lose seats.... And that's not happening.
Yet. At least not in Montana. But how many Republicans currently hold seats in districts bluer than the state of Montana? A ****-ton.
5/25/2017 11:21 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/25/2017 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 11:10:00 PM (view original):

Problems are when republicans actually lose seats.... And that's not happening.
Not yet anyway. The current Congress needs to get things done before midterms...

25 Senate seats up for grabs next year. Only 5 of them currently held by Republicans. They can extend their margin, or give up ground. Is up to them to produce results...
Agreed. Yet a Republican can body slam a reporter and still get elected. I don't think they have much to worry about, yet. Lots of time between the 2018 elections and now.... Trump's #s on manufacturing jobs and illegal immigration are trending well. I suspect that will continue. 65% of voters distrust the mainstream media and think they produce large amounts of fake news. That doesn't bode well for Democrats when their media arm message falls upon deaf ears.
5/25/2017 11:32 PM (edited)

Check again.
5/25/2017 11:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
You're late to the "wylie is dense" party.
**** off, Mike...at least I'm smarter than you are. (not saying much, I know)
5/25/2017 11:48 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2017 6:22:00 PM (view original):
30% of Americans believe in Bigfoot too. Doesn't mean he exists. The media does not have an opinion, but individual media members do and are entitled to have their opinions. Whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely.
You're pretty dense. I just said they should NOT let their opinions influence their reporting.

"The media isn't supposed to have an opinion if they are reporting the news. They should try to stay as unbiased as possible."
you must be even more dense. Did you say where I said "whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely"?
The individual members of the media are going to have opinions, and the odds are it is going too affect at least some of their reporting. They re human.
5/25/2017 11:52 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2017 11:52:00 PM (view original):
30% of Americans believe in Bigfoot too. Doesn't mean he exists. The media does not have an opinion, but individual media members do and are entitled to have their opinions. Whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely.
You're pretty dense. I just said they should NOT let their opinions influence their reporting.

"The media isn't supposed to have an opinion if they are reporting the news. They should try to stay as unbiased as possible."
you must be even more dense. Did you say where I said "whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely"?
The individual members of the media are going to have opinions, and the odds are it is going too affect at least some of their reporting. They re human.

Again.... "The media isn't supposed to have an opinion if they are reporting the news. They should try to stay as unbiased as possible."

THEY DON'T EVEN TRY!! THAT'S WHY 65% OF VOTERS THINK THEY ARE FAKE NEWS.

The funniest thing though is the reason I called you dense... The whole premise of what I've been arguing is that the media should try to be as unbiased as possible.... Then you once again requote yourself
"whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely"?.... Hello McFly?!?! It's not another question entirely... It's what we've been discussing the whole time.

Thanks for the laugh...
5/25/2017 11:59 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 11:31:00 PM (view original):

Check again.
Hey Mr <0.5% the republicans are so ******.... Can we get an update?
5/26/2017 12:04 AM
I think these must be wrong. That margin of victory is way too big.

US House special election results: Montana at large

est. 99% in

• R Greg Gianforte 50.3%
  • D Rob Quist43.9%
  • L Mark Wicks5.7%

Source: Edison Research. Updated: 7:48 AM ET, Friday, May 26

5/26/2017 9:31 AM
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2017 11:52:00 PM (view original):

Again.... "The media isn't supposed to have an opinion if they are reporting the news. They should try to stay as unbiased as possible."

THEY DON'T EVEN TRY!! THAT'S WHY 65% OF VOTERS THINK THEY ARE FAKE NEWS.

The funniest thing though is the reason I called you dense... The whole premise of what I've been arguing is that the media should try to be as unbiased as possible.... Then you once again requote yourself
"whether they should let those opinions influence their reporting is another question entirely"?.... Hello McFly?!?! It's not another question entirely... It's what we've been discussing the whole time.

Thanks for the laugh...
The media should be truthful, not neutral.

When Trump does something stupid, it's not biased to report that stupid thing in a negative tone.
5/26/2017 9:44 AM
Posted by all3 on 5/26/2017 9:31:00 AM (view original):
I think these must be wrong. That margin of victory is way too big.

US House special election results: Montana at large

est. 99% in

• R Greg Gianforte 50.3%
  • D Rob Quist43.9%
  • L Mark Wicks5.7%

Source: Edison Research. Updated: 7:48 AM ET, Friday, May 26

I get that it's Montana, but maybe Rob and Mark would have fared better if they took their cowboy hats off.
5/26/2017 9:53 AM
I read an article about a Harvard study showing that most of the mainstream media was biased against Trump, with Fox News being the most "neutral" (52% negative coverage, 48% positive), the implication being that Fox News was the fairest.

I look at it this way: Trump is so awful that even Fox News has more bad than good to say about him, and they're clearly in the tank for Trump. If Trump were even halfway mediocre, Fox's coverage would be 95-99% positive.

Imagine a baseball team so awful that everyone who's not a diehard fan laughs at their ineptitude. But the team's diehard fans and homer announcers only criticize them 52% of the time. Are the diehard fans and homer announcers the "neutral" ones?
5/26/2017 9:55 AM
someone define mainstream media

not just anyone. someone with some knowledge

oh we don't have those here
5/26/2017 9:59 AM
The study looked at Trump's first 100 days and examined coverage in the print editions of The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post, as well as broadcast outlets CNN, CBS, Fox News and CNBC parent NBC, and European news outlets the Financial Times, BBC and ARD in Germany.

5/26/2017 10:06 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 5/26/2017 9:56:00 AM (view original):
I read an article about a Harvard study showing that most of the mainstream media was biased against Trump, with Fox News being the most "neutral" (52% negative coverage, 48% positive), the implication being that Fox News was the fairest.

I look at it this way: Trump is so awful that even Fox News has more bad than good to say about him, and they're clearly in the tank for Trump. If Trump were even halfway mediocre, Fox's coverage would be 95-99% positive.

Imagine a baseball team so awful that everyone who's not a diehard fan laughs at their ineptitude. But the team's diehard fans and homer announcers only criticize them 52% of the time. Are the diehard fans and homer announcers the "neutral" ones?
That study demonstrates that Fox news can be fair and balanced. I'm glad they are critical of Trump, every media outlet should be critical, but they should also report the positive too. The mainstream media is only reporting negatives because of their bias.

You may recall Trump wasn't exactly an angel to Fox... He went after Murdock, Ailes, and Megyn Kelly.
5/26/2017 11:30 AM
Posted by moy23 on 5/26/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 5/26/2017 9:56:00 AM (view original):

That study demonstrates that Fox news can be fair and balanced. I'm glad they are critical of Trump, every media outlet should be critical, but they should also report the positive too. The mainstream media is only reporting negatives because of their bias.

You may recall Trump wasn't exactly an angel to Fox... He went after Murdock, Ailes, and Megyn Kelly.
The media is soooo biased against tornadoes. It never reports the positive. The tone of the tornado coverage is so negative.

The reality is, Trump hasn't done much that deserves positive coverage.They certainly covered the Gorsuch appointment fairly. But other than that, he's been nothing but a shitstorm. It would be journalistic malpractice not to report most of the Trump news negatively.
5/26/2017 11:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...222|223|224|225|226...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.