Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/25/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/25/2017 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Greg Gianforte is going to win in Montana.... thanks to early voting.
He's up by <0.5% in a state that the GOP should win by 20 points.

But, sure, Trump isn't causing Republicans problems.
Eat your words.

I'm making a sammich 4 YOU.

You already crapped it.

NOW EAT IT!
5/26/2017 5:51 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2017 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
You're late to the "wylie is dense" party.
**** off, Mike...at least I'm smarter than you are. (not saying much, I know)
HEY HEY! WOHA! SLOW DOWN HERE BOYS!

There's no reason for you to react to mike that way. And there's no reason for him to attack you that way.

Of course it doesn't matter because you both have me blocked so you'll never see this.

MOVE ALONG NOW!

THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
5/26/2017 5:56 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/26/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 5/26/2017 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/26/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 5/26/2017 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/26/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 5/26/2017 9:56:00 AM (view original):
I read an article about a Harvard study showing that most of the mainstream media was biased against Trump, with Fox News being the most "neutral" (52% negative coverage, 48% positive), the implication being that Fox News was the fairest.

I look at it this way: Trump is so awful that even Fox News has more bad than good to say about him, and they're clearly in the tank for Trump. If Trump were even halfway mediocre, Fox's coverage would be 95-99% positive.

Imagine a baseball team so awful that everyone who's not a diehard fan laughs at their ineptitude. But the team's diehard fans and homer announcers only criticize them 52% of the time. Are the diehard fans and homer announcers the "neutral" ones?
That study demonstrates that Fox news can be fair and balanced. I'm glad they are critical of Trump, every media outlet should be critical, but they should also report the positive too. The mainstream media is only reporting negatives because of their bias.

You may recall Trump wasn't exactly an angel to Fox... He went after Murdock, Ailes, and Megyn Kelly.
You're one of the "diehard fans" I was talking about, so I forgive you for missing the point.
I get your point. It's flawed.

Go look at the game recaps... That's neutral reporting, not opinion or bias.... Even for the bad teams.

Announcers and fans are not responsible for 'reporting' news. They are supposed to voice their opinions and can be as negative as often as they want. You're not separating those that opine from those that report. If it's the editorial section of the paper go at it and blast Trump, if it's the comments section after an online article feel free to blast Trump... But if you're supposed to be reporting the news the front page headlines should be fact driven and unbiased.... Otherwise you're just the national inquirer (oh wait.... Mainstream media is heading that way because 65% of voters now believe they are fake news).
You're right. The media should be as unbiased as you are. Too bad it's all fake news and whatnot.
I never said I'm unbiased. I just went through this with Wylie... I'm giving my opinions and using facts to support my arguments. I'm not reporting news.

speaking of too bad... It's a damn shame the mainstream media is putting themselves out of business.... and being replaced by the ultimate fake news sources.... social media outlets and bloggers. Once the mainstream media lose their credibility they are no different than online bloggers.
your fact to support your opinion that Trump put in a great SC judge was that a lot of people agreed with you. That doesn't make it true. Just means a lot of people share your opinion. Does not make your opinion any more or less valid.
5/26/2017 6:14 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/26/2017 6:14:00 PM (view original):
I read an article about a Harvard study showing that most of the mainstream media was biased against Trump, with Fox News being the most "neutral" (52% negative coverage, 48% positive), the implication being that Fox News was the fairest.

I look at it this way: Trump is so awful that even Fox News has more bad than good to say about him, and they're clearly in the tank for Trump. If Trump were even halfway mediocre, Fox's coverage would be 95-99% positive.

Imagine a baseball team so awful that everyone who's not a diehard fan laughs at their ineptitude. But the team's diehard fans and homer announcers only criticize them 52% of the time. Are the diehard fans and homer announcers the "neutral" ones?
That study demonstrates that Fox news can be fair and balanced. I'm glad they are critical of Trump, every media outlet should be critical, but they should also report the positive too. The mainstream media is only reporting negatives because of their bias.

You may recall Trump wasn't exactly an angel to Fox... He went after Murdock, Ailes, and Megyn Kelly.
You're one of the "diehard fans" I was talking about, so I forgive you for missing the point.

Go look at the game recaps... That's neutral reporting, not opinion or bias.... Even for the bad teams.

Announcers and fans are not responsible for 'reporting' news. They are supposed to voice their opinions and can be as negative as often as they want. You're not separating those that opine from those that report. If it's the editorial section of the paper go at it and blast Trump, if it's the comments section after an online article feel free to blast Trump... But if you're supposed to be reporting the news the front page headlines should be fact driven and unbiased.... Otherwise you're just the national inquirer (oh wait.... Mainstream media is heading that way because 65% of voters now believe they are fake news).
You're right. The media should be as unbiased as you are. Too bad it's all fake news and whatnot.
I never said I'm unbiased. I just went through this with Wylie... I'm giving my opinions and using facts to support my arguments. I'm not reporting news.

speaking of too bad... It's a damn shame the mainstream media is putting themselves out of business.... and being replaced by the ultimate fake news sources.... social media outlets and bloggers. Once the mainstream media lose their credibility they are no different than online bloggers.
your fact to support your opinion that Trump put in a great SC judge was that a lot of people agreed with you. That doesn't make it true. Just means a lot of people share your opinion. Does not make your opinion any more or less valid.
Agreed... I wasn't using the opinions themselves to make anything true. I was using the # of like minded opinions to be fact, and it is a fact. For example, If you and BL think Trump sucks it doesn't make it fact that Trump sucks... But it IS a fact that two people think Trump sucks.

The FACT I'm referring to is that nearly half the country thinks Gorsuch was a very good pick for SC... Yet the mainstream media CHOSE to take a negative spin on his confirmation. It's not like the media reported negatively because the overwhelming majority of people think he was a bad pick, or that trump screwed up. This is proof the media is picking sides despite what a large portion of the country thinks. They shouldn't be talking sides at all. It's going to be the death of them... and that is unfortunate. Media was supposed to keep the politicians honest, now they are working for the politicians.
5/26/2017 6:58 PM
You're kinda wrong.

The media reports what people want to hear. I hate the local news. It's nothing but shootings, stabbings, domestic violence, animal abuse, etc, etc. But, if no one watched, they'd report the Boy Scout drive to help the homeless. So "the media" is spinning negative on Trump because that's what the majority of the country wants.

Follow the money.
5/26/2017 7:10 PM
I disagree. The media isn't working for the politicians. The media decided to take a biased, activist (and mostly liberal) approach to their "reporting", which has led to a general erosion of trust in the entire field.

Kinda like the Russians took a biased, activist approach to the election. That doesn't mean they were working for Trump. Their goals just happened to coincide. But we never trusted the Russians anyway.
5/26/2017 7:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/26/2017 7:10:00 PM (view original):
You're kinda wrong.

The media reports what people want to hear. I hate the local news. It's nothing but shootings, stabbings, domestic violence, animal abuse, etc, etc. But, if no one watched, they'd report the Boy Scout drive to help the homeless. So "the media" is spinning negative on Trump because that's what the majority of the country wants.

Follow the money.
That's partially true. I only disagree that it means it's a majority. The networks these days are targeting demographics, not necessarily majorities. Advertisers don't need majorities, they pinpoint specific groups of people that are most likely buy their product.
5/26/2017 7:31 PM

Yeah, it's a shame how the mainstream media is putting themselves out of business.
5/26/2017 7:45 PM
However you want to spin it, it still comes back to the money. Negative Trump sells.
5/26/2017 7:48 PM
quit buying, traitor
5/26/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/26/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
However you want to spin it, it still comes back to the money. Negative Trump sells.
Agree. That's cause liberals like to spend money. Not because they are the majority.
5/26/2017 8:20 PM
And...you know...it's the truth.
5/26/2017 10:57 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/26/2017 8:20:00 PM (view original):
Agree. That's cause liberals like to spend money. Not because they are the majority.
I think Dems are the majority. More people are registered Dems, Clinton got more votes than Trump, and even in Congress, as a whole, Dems get more votes.
5/27/2017 9:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...224|225|226|227|228...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.