Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by RCBracco on 6/20/2017 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 6/20/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
How about Trumps Dept of Education pushing for public education to end at the 8th grade? After that it is private and if you can not pay then find a job. Only the elite get to be educated. Still like those closed doors Moy?
Your source? I haven't heard about this.

It's sounds like a good idea though. The federal government shouldn't be involved in education. That should be a state/local level initiative.... Which is why I currently pay $15,000 a year in property taxes.
The major difference between right and left, you guys do not trust big government and we do not trust big business. Greed and corruption keep you people happy as ****. And now with this A..Hole in office doing away with regulations there is no one to look over your shoulders while you *** **** the public. Oh and I notice how you guys love to ***** about taxes and are very clear to brag about the amount as if that makes you one of the special chosen
While I don't disagree with your first sentence.... Let's not pretend there's not greed and corruption of epic proportions in government (DNC had the fix in for Hillary, Bernie just bought his 3rd home for $600,000, Blago's pay for play, Bill's BJ's, Hillary's Foundation, Solyndra, VA scandals, Iraq War over oil, IRS scandals, etc)

And I wasn't bragging. Just stating a fact.
6/20/2017 12:33 PM (edited)
Posted by RCBracco on 6/20/2017 12:49:00 PM (view original):
All I can say is, if you can not afford it then sell.
That's not the point. The point is people are already paying enormous amounts of money for schools at the local level... Why does the federal government need to be involved? They don't.

6/20/2017 12:58 PM
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 6/20/2017 12:49:00 PM (view original):
All I can say is, if you can not afford it then sell.
That's not the point. The point is people are already paying enormous amounts of money for schools at the local level... Why does the federal government need to be involved? They don't.

Stop whining and pay your freaking taxes free loader
6/20/2017 1:00 PM
moy has proven himself to be incapable of wading thru bullshit. He quotes tweets every day.
6/20/2017 1:50 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 11:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Seriously.

I get rooting for an ACA appeal. I get rooting for the GOP to have some legislative success.

I don't get being ok with complete secrecy from the Senate on such an important issue.

I doubt moy sincerely is ok with it.
Transparency is nice in theory, but in reality we have a media that is highly negative regarding anything Trump/Republican. In this climate it's best for these guys/gals to hammer out a healthcare bill without distraction behind closed doors and get it out for a vote. If the American public does not like the result they can vote out their representatives.

So you trust the Senate more than you trust yourself to be able to wade through any media bullshit?
I trust that 52 senators are more aligned with the outcome I am looking to see on this issue, way more aligned than the media or democrats are. I want these guys to get this bill passed and the media/Dems have been and still are an avoidable roadblock. I'm happy to see the republicans ignoring them. Get used to it. Next up.... Less daily press briefings!!!

6/20/2017 2:19 PM
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Seriously.

I get rooting for an ACA appeal. I get rooting for the GOP to have some legislative success.

I don't get being ok with complete secrecy from the Senate on such an important issue.

Transparency is nice in theory, but in reality we have a media that is highly negative regarding anything Trump/Republican. In this climate it's best for these guys/gals to hammer out a healthcare bill without distraction behind closed doors and get it out for a vote. If the American public does not like the result they can vote out their representatives.

So you trust the Senate more than you trust yourself to be able to wade through any media bullshit?
I trust that 52 senators are more aligned with the outcome I am looking to see on this issue, way more aligned than the media or democrats are. I want these guys to get this bill passed and the media/Dems have been and still are an avoidable roadblock. I'm happy to see the republicans ignoring them. Get used to it. Next up.... Less daily press briefings!!!

I don't know why I'm surprised at this. I didn't expect you to be a blind faith, trust-the-government-completely, no accountability kind of guy.
6/20/2017 2:35 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/20/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Yep............. Bring on Autocratic-ism.......... Things run so smoothly that way. You and the Taliban..........
I do not think moy thinks about the consequences of his answers.
6/20/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Seriously.

I don't know why I'm surprised at this. I didn't expect you to be a blind faith, trust-the-government-completely, no accountability kind of guy.
I didn't say it's blind faith or that I trust the government. I said I trust them more than the media at this point. The media in this environment will do everything in their power to stop any healthcare bill the republicans come up with.... And even if republicans crap the bed on this it will STILL be better than Obamacare. I have nothing to lose by trusting them to get it done... They know what their voters want. As far as accountability.... I hold them accountable at the voting booth if I don't like their results. How are you holding them accountable?
6/20/2017 4:41 PM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Seriously.

I didn't say it's blind faith or that I trust the government. I said I trust them more than the media at this point. The media in this environment will do everything in their power to stop any healthcare bill the republicans come up with.... And even if republicans crap the bed on this it will STILL be better than Obamacare. I have nothing to lose by trusting them to get it done... They know what their voters want. As far as accountability.... I hold them accountable at the voting booth if I don't like their results. How are you holding them accountable?
Wow. So many things to unpack. I feel like I'm going to have to write a novel to get to it all.

I don't necessarily expect you to trust the media more than Congress (I would but, you do you), I would expect you to trust Congress less than you trust your own ability to read the bill and call your Senator to express your opinion. But you aren't getting that chance because the bill is being written in secret. There were numerous hearing on the ACA and over 150 Republican amendments to the bill. Zero for both on this bag of ****.

You say, "even if Republicans crap the bed...it will still be better than Obamacare." But you don't know that because you haven't seen the bill. ****, almost all GOP Senators haven't seen the bill. It could very well be worse than Obamacare, which is currently viewed favorably by a majority of Americans. So, regarding "know[ing] what their voters want," I just don't see it. Only 17% of Americans like the House version of the bill. I think the Senators want to say they repealed Obamacare and hope that no one blames them when things get worse.

We certainly can hold them accountable in the voting booth but that doesn't mean we should encourage a secret process to pass bad legislation.
6/20/2017 5:26 PM
Like Executive Orders?
6/20/2017 5:38 PM
Like an option to unsubscribe from group texts?
6/20/2017 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...310|311|312|313|314...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.