Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/20/2017 11:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2017 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Seriously.

I get rooting for an ACA appeal. I get rooting for the GOP to have some legislative success.

I don't get being ok with complete secrecy from the Senate on such an important issue.

I doubt moy sincerely is ok with it.
Transparency is nice in theory, but in reality we have a media that is highly negative regarding anything Trump/Republican. In this climate it's best for these guys/gals to hammer out a healthcare bill without distraction behind closed doors and get it out for a vote. If the American public does not like the result they can vote out their representatives.

So you trust the Senate more than you trust yourself to be able to wade through any media bullshit?
I trust that 52 senators are more aligned with the outcome I am looking to see on this issue, way more aligned than the media or democrats are. I want these guys to get this bill passed and the media/Dems have been and still are an avoidable roadblock. I'm happy to see the republicans ignoring them. Get used to it. Next up.... Less daily press briefings!!!

I don't know why I'm surprised at this. I didn't expect you to be a blind faith, trust-the-government-completely, no accountability kind of guy.
I didn't say it's blind faith or that I trust the government. I said I trust them more than the media at this point. The media in this environment will do everything in their power to stop any healthcare bill the republicans come up with.... And even if republicans crap the bed on this it will STILL be better than Obamacare. I have nothing to lose by trusting them to get it done... They know what their voters want. As far as accountability.... I hold them accountable at the voting booth if I don't like their results. How are you holding them accountable?
Wow. So many things to unpack. I feel like I'm going to have to write a novel to get to it all.

I don't necessarily expect you to trust the media more than Congress (I would but, you do you), I would expect you to trust Congress less than you trust your own ability to read the bill and call your Senator to express your opinion. But you aren't getting that chance because the bill is being written in secret. There were numerous hearing on the ACA and over 150 Republican amendments to the bill. Zero for both on this bag of ****.

You say, "even if Republicans crap the bed...it will still be better than Obamacare." But you don't know that because you haven't seen the bill. ****, almost all GOP Senators haven't seen the bill. It could very well be worse than Obamacare, which is currently viewed favorably by a majority of Americans. So, regarding "know[ing] what their voters want," I just don't see it. Only 17% of Americans like the House version of the bill. I think the Senators want to say they repealed Obamacare and hope that no one blames them when things get worse.

We certainly can hold them accountable in the voting booth but that doesn't mean we should encourage a secret process to pass bad legislation.
I'm not going to micromanage my senators. You can.

As far as polling goes, I don't really care what liberals think of this plan.... Or any other plan. Very rarely is there common ground on issues like healthcare and taxes. I want the republicans to do what they think it's best for the country as long as it saves me money. I vote with my wallet.
6/20/2017 7:28 PM (edited)
Had the media and dems been less biased, maybe they would have been involved. Sucks for them now. I'm not shedding any tears for either of them.
6/20/2017 7:28 PM
Karen Handel will win by 4% tonight despite the dems outspending her 4:1 and the polls having Ossoff winning by 2%.
6/20/2017 9:22 PM
Well....the Dems lost in Georgia. I guess it was the RUSSIANS.
6/20/2017 8:56 PM
6/20/2017 9:27 PM
Over 7,000 major contributions came into Georgia from California alone. Thousands more from across the country including big money from New York and George Soros. Only a little over 800 people from the district contributed to the democrat.

The democrat doesn't live there. Got engaged to a woman during then campaign. SO FAKE!

democrats barely won the early vote. (The fake stolen hacked collusion votes) They are getting crushed in actual in-day voting.

Their stronghold, the only place they lead, has counted most of their votes. Exactly opposite from the Republican strongholds where most of the votes have yet to be counted.

The DemoNazis tried to steal another one, but it didn't work. They will only fall farther behind.

This time Al Franken won't be there to lose the election and suddenly find hundreds of ballots in a taxi, all for him, and miraculously win the election.

democrats are fake and liars
6/20/2017 9:41 PM
Handel declared the winner on CNN. They spent over $40 million on this one.... and lost BIGLY!!!

They won't have that kind of money for each candidate in 2018. Ut Oh!!
6/20/2017 10:07 PM (edited)
The big news of the day is not the election in Georgia but after 10 years The Street and Smith Football guide is back!
6/20/2017 10:13 PM
This is the same district that sent a guy named Newt to congress. How can you take anything these morons do serious?
6/20/2017 10:15 PM
So awesome that Trump and the Republicans just keep WINNING! Dems are going to get creamed in the midterms next year!
6/20/2017 11:06 PM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 4/4/2017 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/4/2017 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/4/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/4/2017 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/4/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/4/2017 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/3/2017 10:38:00 PM (view original):
Ted Cruz just summed it up well...

If republicans in 2017 can repeal and replace obamacare, reduce regulations, get gorsuch on the bench, and reform taxes then they've had a monumental year.

If these 4 things happen BL.... would you agree with Cruz?
I think they get Gorsuch but Obamacare stays and taxes don't get reformed.

Also, Trump ends up hurting the GOP more in the long run.
I asked if these 4 things happen in 2017 would you agree with Cruz that the Republicans had a monumental year?
Oh, we're playing the Santa Claus game. Would you agree that 2017 would be monumental for Dems if Trump pushed/passed universal healthcare, cut taxes on poor people/increased taxes on rich people, added climate change protections, and nominated Obama to the Supreme Court?
Wow. I didn't think my question was that complicated. It should have been pretty easy to answer. Of course it would be a monumental year for Republicans if these 4 things were accomplished. Hell, you just said you don't think he'll replace Obamacare or reform taxes this year so obviously he would exceed your own expectations.

And I don't know what the Santa Claus game is.
The Santa Claus game is asking "would you...?" around some sort of extremely unlikely scenario.

Who cares if I would agree? Those four things all won't happen.

Would you agree that I had a great night if banged Margot Robbie? Who gives a ****? I'm not banging Margot Robbie.
I think that's liberal-speak for YES it would be monumental. Good Lord.
Reduce Regulations - CHECK
Gorsuch - CHECK
Healthcare - Up Next - passed the house, senate next week.
Taxes -

Still have 7 months left to get it done!
6/20/2017 10:46 PM
BL's boyfriend Nate Silver on Twitter 6 days ago regarding Ossoff's chances to win:

It means there's a 70% chance Ossoff wins and a 30% chance that MATH IS DEAD AND DATA IS BROKEN
6/20/2017 11:42 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 6/20/2017 10:13:00 PM (view original):
The big news of the day is not the election in Georgia but after 10 years The Street and Smith Football guide is back!
Check out LINDYS Pro Football. Pretty awesome.
6/21/2017 4:38 AM
Lindys is on my list. Not at my newsstand yet. I am surprised that pro guides are out before college this year. Normally the other way
6/21/2017 10:34 AM
Anybody know when that big voter backlash against Trump and the Republicans is going to start?
At this rate, California might be the only State the Libs have left in a few years, and the rest of the Country doesn't give a damn about them anyway. Besides, didn't half of California promise to go to Canada if Trump won? WTH are they waiting for?
6/21/2017 10:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...311|312|313|314|315...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.