Season 128 D1AA Coach of the Year Voting Topic

Congratulations to the season 128 D1AA Coach of the Year Finalists!

wareagle399 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN
ozzball19 - SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE
hatroq - DRAKE
cjsweat - EASTERN ILLINOIS
chetty1963 - MAINE

PLEASE SUBMIT VOTES TO CHETTY1963 VIA SITEMAIL BY SUNDAY, JANUARY 29TH 11:59PM EST. RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY!.
1/27/2017 12:43 PM
It is an extreme honor to be nominated. However, I could not be further (not even 1,000 miles) from being at the level of these other guys. Speaking of 1,000 miles...discussion on twitter today is lively about the distance between Easton, MA and Statesboro, GA. Google says it is over 1000 driving and exactly 1000 walking. The guy who turned in a previous ticket against me states it is less and he says WIS agrees with him. I do not know if he has filed a specific ticket against me or just submitted a ticket asking out of curiosity. He states his "pursuits are for clarification and not for vindictiveness." I agree. In order to act out of vindictiveness, you would have had to be wronged in some way. You sir, were never wronged.

Immediately upon taking the job at Ohio, I cut three players, which dropped my Coaching Rep. I was then found in violation and I was unable to take another D1 job because the job change period had lapsed. I asked to be moved to Texas Tech and that request was not honored. So I sat out the season. Because of my lowered Coaching Rep from cutting the players, I was unable to take a D1 school this season as well. I didn't even qualify for a 1aa school. I won a NC at d2 and was intrigued by the inclusion of D2 in the user provided content, so I thought, why not just stay at d2 with this account? Jumped on and spotted a school in Mass. Thought, this has to be more than 1000 miles away from God's country. Jumped on google (where the hell else would anybody go) and confirmed it was over 1,000 miles away. Applied for the job and got it.

So, long story short...If I am found to be in violation again and WIS waits until after both the job change period and recruiting period to request me drop a team, I will just drop both and request a refund of remaining seasons.
1/27/2017 1:55 PM
Oh my Lord! Is this guy insane? We're now haggling over a few miles?
1/27/2017 2:16 PM
Posted by wareagle399 on 1/27/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
It is an extreme honor to be nominated. However, I could not be further (not even 1,000 miles) from being at the level of these other guys. Speaking of 1,000 miles...discussion on twitter today is lively about the distance between Easton, MA and Statesboro, GA. Google says it is over 1000 driving and exactly 1000 walking. The guy who turned in a previous ticket against me states it is less and he says WIS agrees with him. I do not know if he has filed a specific ticket against me or just submitted a ticket asking out of curiosity. He states his "pursuits are for clarification and not for vindictiveness." I agree. In order to act out of vindictiveness, you would have had to be wronged in some way. You sir, were never wronged.

Immediately upon taking the job at Ohio, I cut three players, which dropped my Coaching Rep. I was then found in violation and I was unable to take another D1 job because the job change period had lapsed. I asked to be moved to Texas Tech and that request was not honored. So I sat out the season. Because of my lowered Coaching Rep from cutting the players, I was unable to take a D1 school this season as well. I didn't even qualify for a 1aa school. I won a NC at d2 and was intrigued by the inclusion of D2 in the user provided content, so I thought, why not just stay at d2 with this account? Jumped on and spotted a school in Mass. Thought, this has to be more than 1000 miles away from God's country. Jumped on google (where the hell else would anybody go) and confirmed it was over 1,000 miles away. Applied for the job and got it.

So, long story short...If I am found to be in violation again and WIS waits until after both the job change period and recruiting period to request me drop a team, I will just drop both and request a refund of remaining seasons.
Yep. I decided to literally call him on the mat for it. I did it more just poking fun at him, and he seems to be aware of such, because the conversation hasn't turned into an argument yet.

Through his comments, it sounds as if WIS is single-handedly arbitrating rulings on a case-by-case basis. I don't understand how they can arbitrate their own cases related to their 'Terms of Service.' Further, to do so without putting out a public announcement to provide us a clearer understanding of their interpretation of their own TOS is just terrible business. I can honestly say that I am fortunate enough to be in a position to ask our Corporate attorney's to do some quick pro bono on the subject and I can assure you that if this gets out of hand, I'll be recouping far more than the remaining seasons in a refund. The rule as written is far from clear cut. But their lack of communication and intent on self arbitrating on a case-by-case basis would just make my argument stronger.

The reason it ****** me off, at the time you were ousted, relates directly to the fact that many of us have been open about it in an effort to assist with our own self-policing. Many have went above and beyond to be open about it all directly. I prefer to let us police ourselves on this type of issue; as it shouldn't ever have become one in the first place.

I have a haunch who @SuperfluousP is here in the WIS world, but no need to ostracize him. Most of the conversation has been in good fun, at least from my perspective.
1/27/2017 7:34 PM
Thanks OP. Hopefully nothing will come from his "inquiry", but he felt it was necessary to report me the first time. I see no reason why he wouldn't continue the crusade. I would really like to know what button I pushed of his.
1/27/2017 9:23 PM
Don't forget to cast your votes! Voting ends tonight at Midnight!
1/29/2017 9:29 AM
Congratulations to our Season 128 Coach of the Year!

CJSweat - Eastern Illinois

1/30/2017 10:50 PM
Congrats CJ, well deserved
1/31/2017 12:22 AM
Here here for CJ
2/6/2017 10:27 PM
I meant to say "thank you" to everyone who voted for me. It seriously is an honor to receive the award. You guys make all of this fun.
2/7/2017 7:51 AM
Congrats CJ
2/7/2017 10:11 AM
Season 128 D1AA Coach of the Year Voting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.