AAA Matching, but discrepancy on Stamina Topic

Hey guys, I've seen where a AAA players is say, a stamina B, but the actual player (and yes, everything else matches, including salary and fielding), only threw like 50 innings. Have you seen this? Since the Stamina goes by IP/G, I guess this can happen if the 50 innings guy is a starting pitcher who threw a good 6 innings per game but only pitched for 8 games (is this theory correct?). My question, will this B stamina guy be able to pitch many more innings than his real life counterpart?

Thank you.
1/28/2017 11:13 AM
10% give or take....The sim give all hitters 10% extra pa's before they get tired. Pitchers get 10% as well, but I believe it is actaully based on pitches thrown instead of IP. People usually use an estimate of 15.5 pitches per IP to figure out what their pitcher can actually throw. Again, it's a rough estimate.

If you are in a pitchers park, you may get a few more ip than expected, and In a hitters park, a few less.

The IP/g is the absolute though. That doesn't get a bonus. So, 6 IP/g is 6 IP/g, not 6 2/3
1/28/2017 11:26 AM (edited)
So, you can try to use those 50 IP as a setup/long rp or if he is a b stamina, get a few starts outta him. His effectiveness is going to be a big factor. If it's low, he's a mopup guy or a spot starter in a game that you wanna rest some other starters too
1/28/2017 11:23 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think I worded my question poorly. My point is, I think if a AAA player has a B stamina, and his actual counterpart though 50 innings, the AAA player will not be held to 50 (or 55) innings. He will be able to pitch much more. Many people do not know about this mapping to the actual player. Think how unfair it would that someone sees "B" or "A" stamina, and then the guy can't even throw 80 innings. Are you sure this is not correct?
1/28/2017 12:14 PM
Wait, I think you're right. I just looked at an old league and a B stamina guy was tired at season's end, and hey only threw 80 innings. So a rookie can have an A stamina and only be able to throw 50 innings if in real life he had like 6 appearances of 8 innings each? That's so misleading to the person who doesn't know about the parallel players.
1/28/2017 12:30 PM
Stamina refers to a single game appearance. B stamina will last longer in each game appearance than D stamina before suffering from in-game fatigue, for example. Even in real life, I've never heard stamina used to refer to a pitcher over the course of a full season. That's usually defined as durability. A pitcher who can last deep into games has good stamina. A pitcher who can stay healthy the whole year has good durability. Think of spring training baseball, when pitchers are building up their stamina. They're building up the number of pitches they can throw in each individual appearance. If someone confuses stamina for the number of innings that pitcher can throw in a season, then they're misinterpreting the word. I think it would be better if AAA pitchers had a rating for both stamina and durability so an owner could make a reasonable guess at both, but that's a separate issue. Stamina is the rating that's there, and it refers to how long that guy can pitch in each appearance.
1/28/2017 12:34 PM
good point, thanks Skunk.
1/28/2017 3:00 PM
Question. In actual life, guy has 4 games thrown, each 9 inning complete game shutouts. If first pitch him during the 50th game of the season, of course I'd expect him to be effective for entire start. But say I pitch him in the first game of the season. Is the fatigue during a game governed by two things at the same time, the stamina, but also, where you are at innings overall, with respect to what % of the season has been played? Or does actual IP cease to matter until the game is over, with stamina totally governing the entire outing?
1/30/2017 9:03 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/30/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Question. In actual life, guy has 4 games thrown, each 9 inning complete game shutouts. If first pitch him during the 50th game of the season, of course I'd expect him to be effective for entire start. But say I pitch him in the first game of the season. Is the fatigue during a game governed by two things at the same time, the stamina, but also, where you are at innings overall, with respect to what % of the season has been played? Or does actual IP cease to matter until the game is over, with stamina totally governing the entire outing?
If you pitched him in the first game of the season, he'll be effective throughout the whole game, depending on the pitches. If he has 9IP/G, he'll be effective for like 120-130 pitches. It's just that, since he has 4 starts IRL, 36 IP total, don't expect him to get back to 100% until like 40 games later. I'd use that person as a closer since he has 36 IP and can go however long is needed to get that last out. Depending on how good his stats are (WHIP+, ERC#, HR/9+, etc.)
1/30/2017 9:26 PM
In any single-game appearance, in-game fatigue builds up based on IP/G. Higher IP/G = slower in-game fatigue and better performance over more pitches. The best way to see this directly is to watch a pitcher's in-game fatigue during LIVE play. It's important to note when seeing it in LIVE that pitchers do not stay at 100% in-game fatigue until they hit their IP/G limit and then start "getting tired". It's a slow decline that begins even before the IP/G would suggest.

As long as the pitcher starts the game at 100% season fatigue though, his in-game fatigue should drop at the same rate based on pitches thrown in-game, no matter if it's the first game of the season or the last.
1/31/2017 10:17 AM (edited)
Thanks guys. And d rock, thanks for the tip about how using a start as a closer has the added advantage that they can hang in there in an extra inning game if need be.
1/31/2017 9:08 PM
AAA Matching, but discrepancy on Stamina Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.