A guy wants to test free agency.... Topic

I want to trade for a player who is in the last year of contract and he wants to test the market because he's been taken to arbitration 3 times. Will his mind change if traded a new team? I know some guys will change their minds after rollovers.

Has anybody been in the situation, and how did it play out?
1/28/2017 4:50 PM
It can change yes, I'm not sure as to what the percentage chance of it is but yeah it happens. You are a new team so no ill will toward you. If he can help give it a shot and if he won't hopefully there's a pick involved
1/28/2017 6:35 PM
They will almost never change their mind. It could Roll over but once you have the chance to resign they say they're testing the open market no matter what
1/29/2017 10:25 AM
Best bet is to expect him not to change his mind and plan the trade accordingly. Then you can be pleasantly surprised if he does.
1/29/2017 5:44 PM
In my experience, the three arb guys who are traded, frequently sign with their new team. But, as the insect says, don't count on it.
1/29/2017 5:47 PM
So I pulled the trigger on the deal and he changed his mind and I can extend him now for 3 years. Lucky me. He'll be a 6 year FA but is still only 27 so I'll be happy to do it
2/1/2017 9:15 PM
You can extend him for 5 years. They always accept.
2/1/2017 9:17 PM
A guy wants to test free agency.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.