Good Seats 'Eh Buddy Progressive - Dead Topic

Good Seats 'Eh Buddy Progressive
Now considered Dead.
Thanks!
2/10/2017 7:45 PM (edited)
So, there's no keepers? You just draft the two teams and Bob Uecker? I must be in the FRONT ROW!!!!!!
1/29/2017 12:40 PM
OK, You can count me In...
1/29/2017 7:29 PM
Add me to the party!
1/29/2017 7:55 PM
I'm IN...
1/29/2017 9:47 PM
I am interested. Sign me up.
1/29/2017 11:54 PM
Just curious. What's the rationale behind everyone drafting the same season in each round? I can see it gives power to the first team drafting, but it takes away some of the strategy, especially for those drafting in the middle round 1. Can you share why you made that decision? I am not criticizing; I just want to understand a little better before I decide whether to enter the league.
1/30/2017 9:56 AM
I too think it would be better to be able to choose either year in round 1, and then the other year in round 2
1/30/2017 11:07 AM
I am interested in joining. I like the original draft plan. (The last pick from first season draft would have first pick of second season draft.) Otherwise, the last pick gets two middle of the road teams as do all the teams near the bottom of round one. I realize that is what happens to the mid-round drafters anyway, but more people get higher choices if you stick to the original plan. If the power of the first pick in choosing a season is too great, then that can be remedied by having the draft season randomized between the two seasons (ie. flip a coin) and be bound by that. Having said all that, I'm newer at this so what do I know anyway?!
1/30/2017 7:13 PM
Are you flexible with the "Uecker Rule?" Why not allow everyone to select one wild card player that is retired prior to the first season being played? e.g., for 1969, Mantle, Ruth, Koufax, etc. could be drafted. You can make these players exclusive and add a 3rd round to the draft. Same logic moving forward each year.
1/30/2017 8:29 PM
Belsea's point makes sense to me. It gives people at the bottom of the draft a way to be competitive and not be ticked off at getting the last pick.
1/30/2017 8:45 PM
its definitely something different, I'm in. As with Belsea and a few others, I like the original idea better too.
1/31/2017 9:05 PM
bump
3/26/2017 8:37 AM
Good Seats 'Eh Buddy Progressive - Dead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.