Wilkinson Central 129 Topic

Some interesting stats up on today's post. I wanted to dive into things a bit more but it got late.
2/15/2017 10:36 PM
Posted by huskerfan26 on 2/14/2017 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. I have used Octave before but it was a while ago when i took a machine learning class. I do not remember much about the class or Octave. I have wanted to do more stats and visualization stuff but my method of getting the data sucks, copy and paste. I need to figure out a way to use a web crawler or something. Wonder how yatzr does it.

Python is wonderful, well at least the bit i explored. I used their Django app to have some fun creating web apps and stuff. Created some pretty cool web pages in my opinion. Now i need to explore more of what Python has to offer.
The Coursera Machine Learning class by Andrew Ng?
2/16/2017 12:12 AM
Yep that was the one
2/16/2017 11:05 AM
Posted by huskerfan26 on 2/16/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Yep that was the one
I took it too and applied several of the techniques learned there to my Postseason Projections (and the ratings that go into them).

Eventually looking to make the career transition into AI using ML algorithms. We'll see - it's a bit of a leap from where I'm at now, though my company is a recent entrant into the space and investing heavily.
2/16/2017 2:46 PM
Great stuff guys!
2/16/2017 9:53 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 2/16/2017 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Yep that was the one
I took it too and applied several of the techniques learned there to my Postseason Projections (and the ratings that go into them).

Eventually looking to make the career transition into AI using ML algorithms. We'll see - it's a bit of a leap from where I'm at now, though my company is a recent entrant into the space and investing heavily.
I can do formulas and graphs in excel. Colored graphs too!

Seriously though we have extremely smart people here in Wilkinson. I'm a data nerd and love seeing stories being written with data. I love that you guys bring this stuff to this game. Alek called our content boring but he just doesn't understand it. Its not for everyone but this stuff is a big reason why we have so many coachs and attract the ones that type of coaches that are here. Thanks again for everyone doing content! I treat it like any other sports site I check everyday to read new articles and see wants going on.
2/16/2017 11:03 PM
A new post is up on Wilkinson Central
2/18/2017 6:28 PM
JAG i enjoyed the new post, has me thinking about maybe switching up my schedule. We also have another edition of the Maze:

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/02/18/Top-5-Maze
2/18/2017 8:00 PM
Posted by huskerfan26 on 2/14/2017 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. I have used Octave before but it was a while ago when i took a machine learning class. I do not remember much about the class or Octave. I have wanted to do more stats and visualization stuff but my method of getting the data sucks, copy and paste. I need to figure out a way to use a web crawler or something. Wonder how yatzr does it.

Python is wonderful, well at least the bit i explored. I used their Django app to have some fun creating web apps and stuff. Created some pretty cool web pages in my opinion. Now i need to explore more of what Python has to offer.
yatzr wrote a screen scraper for me (I assume the recruit tool is based on it or vice versa). I bet he'd share it with you - send him a site mail.
2/18/2017 11:57 PM
Yep that was the one

Ya know, if I had anything beyond the most rudimentary understanding of statistics, I'm sure I could dump out enough mind-boggling nerdiness to choke a cow. I have all this data just sitting there waiting to be mined.
2/19/2017 12:10 AM
Bob, do you have data for players? if so, how far back? I keep a yatz full season pbp for each of my teams but its a pain to go back and pick out players.
2/19/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/19/2017 12:10:00 AM (view original):
Yep that was the one

Ya know, if I had anything beyond the most rudimentary understanding of statistics, I'm sure I could dump out enough mind-boggling nerdiness to choke a cow. I have all this data just sitting there waiting to be mined.
I've started writing some scripts to parse the data, per our sitemails. Once I get it working on a micro level, I could easily scale to a macro level and start mining your wealth of data. I'll stay in touch and let you know when I'm ready consume larger data sets.
2/19/2017 6:05 PM
Edition 6 is now on Wilkinson Central
2/20/2017 4:28 PM
Posted by huskerfan26 on 2/20/2017 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Back at it like i left something:

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/02/20/The-Crystal-Maze
True art my friend
2/20/2017 10:53 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 129 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.