Most Influential Post In The History Of SLB Topic

I don't understand the context of this post. Is it a historical post from a different age pasted for posterity? Or something new? How does it relate to the title?
1/31/2017 9:50 PM
Holy Schnikes! The wheel has been reinvented...maybe The Flintstones really IS a documentary...
1/31/2017 9:56 PM
Umm, talk is cheap, show me an earlier post with this strategy.
1/31/2017 10:04 PM
Presumably the most influential strategy came from whoever first thought that deaballers were a good idea. And something that uses AAA and/or trades seems pretty niche given that most leagues don't enable them. But obviously if you have them and can use them to fleece your opponents, go for it.
1/31/2017 10:18 PM
I'm just exaggerating for effect, but I believe it's a significant strategy.
1/31/2017 10:21 PM
How many drafted teams are far less than $80M?
1/31/2017 10:30 PM
Don't forget the 10% waiver wire charge...
1/31/2017 10:38 PM
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your original post bayridge, I'm currently watching the Spurs game, so I'm a little distracted. What Cwillis would do was trade his AAA for 200k scrubs, and then release them into the waiver wire for more money. So he'd end up with $1 million more than everyone else, and use that to upgrade a position of need on the waiver wire. It has become quite controversial on these forums, even though I find no problem with it. I guess my point is, is that what you're saying, cuz Cwillis did it first. (Simpsons did it!)
1/31/2017 10:39 PM
Firstly, the other side makes out better as well. Since they're not willing to spend hours thinking this sh*t up, they get a quick easy upgrade on their bench. So there is no 'fleecing' going on. Anyway, if this CWillis really did come up with it first, I've expanded upon it, much like the Simpsons did, lol!
1/31/2017 10:50 PM
If you get only 6 position and 2 AAA pitchers, how does this add up to a substantial amount?
1/31/2017 11:08 PM
cwillis802 has been doing this for years. It gives you a monetary advantage, and can be compounded with some IP wrangling near the transaction deadline for even greater impact, but in my opinion is too much work. All you get is a few extra wins and slightly better odds in the playoffs.

If you only have a few teams, sure, this is a good use of time, but when running 10+ it stops making sense.
1/31/2017 11:09 PM
Do people still play open leagues?
1/31/2017 11:16 PM
Apparently
1/31/2017 11:24 PM
Most Influential Post In The History Of SLB Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.