International Scouting Request Topic

Please stop sending me emails including rhetorical questions about whether ours is the only franchise to have unearthed this needle in a hay stack. We all know that 24 ******* teams have already opened the same email.
2/1/2017 12:00 AM
I'm impressed you're actually reading the email content.
2/1/2017 6:46 PM
Posted by mhulshult on 2/1/2017 6:46:00 PM (view original):
I'm impressed you're actually reading the email content.
I stopped reading the emails like 7 or 8 years ago of real life time. Open player link and delete email immediately.
2/1/2017 7:17 PM
reading email from my international scouts is fun. I look at their ratings and then try to guess what the scouts will say about them. Like a guy with a 15 vsL and an 18 vs R will be touted as an offensive player! Its funny!
2/1/2017 7:19 PM
Makes me wonder, if my scouts are calling guys 15VsL and 18 VsR offensive Gems, what would my ratings be like if I were in the sim? 2 and 3 all across the board?

Or are my scouts making me look stupid, picking random kids off the street in Cuba while they sip Taquilla on the beach?
2/2/2017 8:07 AM
I've always thought that as funny. This "offensive" 1B with a projected 0 contact. So basically you've scouted him and never seen him make contact and you're telling me to sign him. Keep up the good work.
2/2/2017 9:55 AM
Do they have an MLB combine?

Scout: I've seen this guy bench press 700 lbs 30 times without breaking a sweat!
Me: But he struck out 47 times in 47 at bats!
Scout: No time to talk now! I'm off to find the next Diamond in the Rough.
2/2/2017 10:39 AM
Off the top of my head... "well-rounded" = "can't hit." "Speedy" means "can't hit." "Offensive" means DH unless it's a C in which case he might actually be able to field a little. "Potential superstar" could be, but more likely means "utility guy". "Hard throwing" means "poor splits." About the only one that seems even 50-50 to hit is "finesse pitcher with control." Oh, and "defensive" usually means "defense and nothing but."

2/2/2017 10:45 AM
International Scouting Request Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.