Redshirting "Sky's the Limit" kicker? Topic

Posted by harriswb3 on 2/2/2017 9:35:00 AM (view original):
I also fully agree with Deuce. Especially on point #3.
This.
2/3/2017 5:43 PM
Posted by aegsm76 on 2/3/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
I do not believe GD will let you redshirt the only player at his position.
That is the only reason I still recruit kickers.
Because when I only have a punter and have to take on a sim, GD will "help" me by giving me a sim Kicker.
Don't take Sims. Problem solved. ;)
2/3/2017 7:44 PM
I was glad for this discussion, but it turned out to be a moot point. Somewhere during recruiting, probably trying to save a buck, I had given this kicker a promised freshman start. So, he won't be redshirting.
2/4/2017 10:16 AM
Let us know how he turns out
2/5/2017 10:48 AM
The difference between a 67/84 kicker and a 71/86 kicker (just spitballing as to what levels he might reach) is negligible. In my experience, FG kicking tends to be sufficiently random that it's rarely worth spending extra money (or using a precious redshirt) just to end up with a slightly better kicker. But to each his own.
2/8/2017 9:44 AM
If long-time, incredibly successful coaches tell you not to do something and you do it anyhow, what does that say about you?
2/8/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by howarddv on 2/8/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
If long-time, incredibly successful coaches tell you not to do something and you do it anyhow, what does that say about you?
Could be you're an idiot. OR , could be you are innovative , brave , and willing to try something new ! ?
2/9/2017 3:56 AM
You prefer to learn the "hard way" for its imprinting value?
2/9/2017 7:32 AM
That's not what I meant. What I mean is that there are different reasons for going down the path less traveled.
One might be foolishness not heeding the warnings of others that have been there before you.
Another might be, maybe that path is a "better" way.
And so you know where this is coming from , I consider myself one of the those long term coaches that have been successful.
And I have found success very often by trying things that I have not seen done and tweeking it until I was sure it either didn't work or that I could make it work. To me , that has been one of the fun things about this game.
The only thing I would warn you not to try is : “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”!
2/9/2017 8:17 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/3/2017 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by aegsm76 on 2/3/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
I do not believe GD will let you redshirt the only player at his position.
That is the only reason I still recruit kickers.
Because when I only have a punter and have to take on a sim, GD will "help" me by giving me a sim Kicker.
Don't take Sims. Problem solved. ;)
Lol!
2/9/2017 2:47 PM
◂ Prev 12
Redshirting "Sky's the Limit" kicker? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.