Unusual pinch running decision Topic

Bottom of the 9th, trailing by 2 with the bases loaded, Sparky puts in a pinch runner for the man on first, who has a speed of 72, instead of the tying run on 2nd, who has a speed of 40. Only 33 player seasons in the sim feature a speed slower than the man on 2nd. Is it normal procedure for Sparky to ignore the tying run in the hopes of scoring the winning run? I would think this would be more defensible if I were on the road, but this as a home game.
2/1/2017 1:56 PM
maybe fatigue issue.
2/2/2017 8:30 PM
I check to see if you have the PR box unchecked for the 40 speed player. If that's not it, did you have a backup listed/available at that position? If he was your only C or 1B, I doubt Sparky takes him out because if you tie up the game, there wouldn't be a player to fill that position. Those would be my best guesses.
2/3/2017 10:31 AM
Unusual pinch running decision Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.