New Progressive: Triple Era! Full! Topic

Posted by all3 on 2/5/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Questions regarding this: "There will be no trading picks in the inaugural draft. None. Sorry, you don’t get a head start in the race for Wilt here. Draft the team you intend to play initially."

Will trades be allowed between the inaugural draft and the start of the inaugural season? If so, will picks in the 2nd season draft be allowed to be traded?

Sorry to be "that guy" with the questions, but it's pretty much what I did for a living, and somebody will always try to find some way around everything that's not totally and clearly spelled-out.
To avoid loopholes, no trades prior to the beginning of the first season. Draft the team you intend to play initially. Once the first game has been played, you can begin wheeling & dealing for the upcoming offseason.

-also: Are you in? Nobody has an LA franchise yet...
2/6/2017 5:49 PM (edited)
Posted by cmcafeeky on 2/5/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
any rule requiring a certain number of players from any or each era??

(I'd be for that - it would make teams consider strategies addressing needing players from the early era, otherwise that era may be almost neglected)
and, sorry if that was in rules or mentioned and I skimed past it....
No rules requiring players from any specific era. While intriguing to think about, that's not what the goal of this league is. Build the best team you can using the player pool available to you from three eras. If you only want to play newer players, go for it.
2/6/2017 5:41 PM
Posted by skypilot on 2/6/2017 3:01:00 PM (view original):
In with San Diego Clippers and St Louis Hawks
Let's try to start things off with 24 owners.
2/6/2017 5:41 PM
Tentatively in
2/6/2017 9:06 PM
In
2/6/2017 9:31 PM
I need to pay closer attention to the classifieds, almost missed this and missed out on some good cities. I'll take Golden State Warriers
2/6/2017 9:39 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/6/2017 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/5/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Questions regarding this: "There will be no trading picks in the inaugural draft. None. Sorry, you don’t get a head start in the race for Wilt here. Draft the team you intend to play initially."

Will trades be allowed between the inaugural draft and the start of the inaugural season? If so, will picks in the 2nd season draft be allowed to be traded?

Sorry to be "that guy" with the questions, but it's pretty much what I did for a living, and somebody will always try to find some way around everything that's not totally and clearly spelled-out.
To avoid loopholes, no trades prior to the beginning of the first season. Draft the team you intend to play initially. Once the first game has been played, you can begin wheeling & dealing for the upcoming offseason.

-also: Are you in? Nobody has an LA franchise yet...
I was waiting to see the answers to the questions. I liked what I saw on both accounts, so yeah, I'm in. For ease in keeping my teams separate, I'd like to go with the New Orleans Jazz if I could. (Always loved those unis. Utah Jazz just makes no sense. Of course, neither does LA Lakers.) Western Conference is fine though, since it appears "short".
2/7/2017 3:15 PM (edited)
Conference doesn't matter. I'll be Toronto

I'll choose a team name later.
2/7/2017 11:48 AM
I'll give this a try. Minnesota Muskies.

[edited]
2/7/2017 2:17 PM (edited)
ever smell a muskie? yikes!
2/7/2017 5:00 PM
cjok's in (okc)
2/7/2017 5:29 PM
c'mon! just need 1!
2/8/2017 5:48 PM
Fine. Arm twisted.
2/8/2017 8:55 PM
great!
2/8/2017 9:00 PM
Can I be the Las Vegas Craps?
2/8/2017 9:07 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
New Progressive: Triple Era! Full! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.