QB Problem at a New school Topic

Recently I took over at Mars Hill in Wilkinson. I have Two senior QB's that are decent, Other then them the cupboard is empty. I am thinking about red-shirting one, so I have two years to get the QB I sign up to speed. I know if I red shirt a senior his work ethic would drop, but at his current level (overall) he is still going to be better than any other option. My question what other backlash can I expect from red-shirting a senior? Has anybody tried it? Would you recommend it, or not?
2/2/2017 5:09 PM
You could redshirt a senior. I’m guessing Carl King. I really don’t think he will lead you to the promised land next year. I personally would use the redshirt on a freshman who has the potential to help my team out in the future. I guess one question you need to ask yourself is how long you plan on coaching that team. If you plan on staying for a while, redshirt a FR and build a team for the future. Your quarterback situation won’t be solved next season either way. Good Luck
2/2/2017 5:38 PM
Looked at your team. It will not go far in playoffs if it makes it there at all.
So I would not do what you said. Let 1 Sr backup the other. Your Jr will grow attributes to aprox what the Sr's are now by the time he starts.
Meanwhile I would recruit another one and RS "him".
That's what I would do. Other opinions may differ.
2/2/2017 5:39 PM
I always like to get SIM AI players off my team as fast as possible, so I feel what mojo said is spot on, if you didn't have the Jr. QB on your roster as well I would have redshirted one of the Sr. QB just to break up the QB classes.
2/2/2017 5:56 PM
I appreciate it. I will let him play.
2/2/2017 6:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 2/2/2017 11:30:00 PM (view original):
don't know if it still works this way, but if you redshirt an upperclassmen he can still decide to leave before his 5th year
Depends on playing time. Pretty sure if he doesn't play his Jr year then he will bolt senior year. Give him just enough playing time he will stay.
2/5/2017 10:56 AM
QB Problem at a New school Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.