Recruiting Battles Topic

Posted by spcbuzzard on 2/3/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):
I'll offer a little perspective beings at times I'll jump on numerous recruits the first cycle. Typically those recruits are studly and within my 360. If I look at a lb who is much better than my second best option and I feel regardless of potential he will be a contributor then I'll go after him right away. I don't go after guys like this outside my 360 and there's also some guessing going on as d1 teams routinely take the top d1aa talent. This recruiting cycle there were 4 guys I went after like that and I'm actually going to let one go to a conference mate since I turned a similar talent guy green for very little money.
That is fairly standard, and a good safe way to go. What was different this time, is the coach needed 10 players.He turned 18+ of them yellow on the first cycle. That has got to be expensive I would think, and something I have never done. Especially in div 1aa, where like you said, div 1 a can swoop down at any time.

Anyways, it worked. Guy ended up with a top 5 class. Was just curious how he managed his cash.
2/3/2017 6:38 PM
I'll offer a little perspective beings at times I'll jump on numerous recruits the first cycle. Typically those recruits are studly and within my 360. If I look at a lb who is much better than my second best option and I feel regardless of potential he will be a contributor then I'll go after him right away. I don't go after guys like this outside my 360 and there's also some guessing going on as d1 teams routinely take the top d1aa talent. This recruiting cycle there were 4 guys I went after like that and I'm actually going to let one go to a conference mate since I turned a similar talent guy green for very little money.
I've been seeing this a lot in Wilkinson at both D1A and D1AA.. just watch the first cycle and see all the players that go green and yellow regardless of potential.
2/3/2017 6:56 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/3/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
I've been seeing this a lot in Wilkinson at both D1A and D1AA.. just watch the first cycle and see all the players that go green and yellow regardless of potential.
+1 with over 70 coaches at d1a and 60 at d1aa it's a blood bath. Non bcs teams will be all over the best d1aa players and everyone else fights for the rest.
2/5/2017 10:52 AM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting Battles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.