Defensive Spectrum question Topic

Hello. Does the sim differentiate the outfield positions in regards to defensive spectrum? Kendry Morales 1b (a-, c+) (.996, 9.80), would he actually be better in left field, as opposed to rightfield? What would his defense in left be? Im thinking c+,d?
2/3/2017 6:01 PM
From the knowledge base:

Players who have played at a position but less than 20 real-life games are penalized. This is incorporated in the ratings and the statistical inputs. Players who have not played at a position will incur a greater penalty than this, based on ratings and inputs at the primary position as well as which way he moves on the defensive spectrum (SS - 2B - CF - 3B - LF - RF - 1B). Moving left is a stronger penalty than moving right. Playing players at position which they never played that season is not recommended.

Does this help?
2/3/2017 6:17 PM
From the Simleague pinned threads:

Defensive spectrum, and Playing guys out of position:
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=446824
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=376099
2/3/2017 6:22 PM
So it is a really bad idea for Dick Stuart - Dr Strangeglove to be used as a SS...but perhaps an idea for a ridiculous theme league...Dick Allen made over 200 errors playing short in the Big Dick league...
2/3/2017 6:26 PM
I always put an out of position OF in RF. The way I interpret the explanation a 1B would de worse in LF because it is one more position to the left in the spectrum. But I have no data to back it up and explanations given aren't always 100% technically correct so I wouldn't be too surprise if they were equal.
2/3/2017 10:45 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the input
2/4/2017 7:34 AM
Defensive Spectrum question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.