Really want to get into GD but..... Topic

the fact that the "way to win" is the 100% passing offense really takes me out of it. It's so unrealistic and seeing 180-0 scores makes me just roll my eyes. Still going to stick with it though..
2/3/2017 9:12 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 2/3/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
the fact that the "way to win" is the 100% passing offense really takes me out of it. It's so unrealistic and seeing 180-0 scores makes me just roll my eyes. Still going to stick with it though..
Go to Wilkinson most coaches run a balanced offense and many different formations being used.
2/3/2017 9:30 PM
There are many ways to win titles. And there are ways to stop a 100% passing game. 180-0 just shows a very dramatic difference in talent.
2/3/2017 9:36 PM
Yes Wilkinson is the place to be right now. But I'm also in Stagg. In D3 and D2 there are coaches who like to just sit down there and rack up big numbers and championships against lowly SIM teams. To each his own. I think you'll find that when you get up into D1 it gets a lot more interesting. Most worlds are good in D1A. Wilkinson is also very good in D1AA.

I will admit that the current engine favors passing over running. But I do know many programs that feature the run, and are very good at it.
2/3/2017 9:53 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
His last loss was against gt so I can understand the frustration. The program he has built there at Virginia State can make it very misleading to what you might see in other places.
2/4/2017 12:35 AM
Leahy is the place to be. Great coaches with competitive attitudes. New coaches who are eager to learn together.
2/4/2017 3:23 AM
It doesn't matter which world you play in. ALL of the world's have great, experienced coached who are willing to help. It may seem like the only way to win is pass, pass, pass, but there are plenty of successful coaches who do it differently. The all pass offense is just so prominent, especially at the lower levels. A couple of the coaches you lost to are solid coaches so don't get too worried, you'll get there.
2/4/2017 7:10 AM
One could argue that so one who runs the ball would be more likely to have success than someone who passes 100% of the time. If every one passes then the best players are harder to get as everyone is trying to get multiple recievers and pass blocking ol. But if your running the ball you don't care about that. You want run blockers and rbs. They should/would be easier to get since the demand is lower. Also coaches will recruit to stop the pass. If your running I think you have a large advantage, just based on philosophical differences.
2/4/2017 8:27 AM
Yea it's not so much bitterness or frustration over losing to the 100/0 pass/rush guys by 60+ every game lol but when you have a guy who has literally never lost a conference game ever (673-0) and just outscored their conference games 872-6......it's like "why bother?" hahaha

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/Schedule.aspx?tid=52547
2/4/2017 1:32 PM
Not "the" way to win, just "a" way to win. Not sure why you would expect to compete against him when your defense was set up to stop the run 50% of the time.
2/4/2017 5:10 PM
i wasn't expecting to win at all and my defense wasn't set up that way. it was 100% pass obviously.
2/4/2017 5:54 PM
Not according to the play-by-play.
2/4/2017 6:22 PM
I didn't give defensive game planning much though until recently. My focus was all on offense. When I finally did focus more on defensive planning, that made a big difference against good coaches.
2/4/2017 6:41 PM
Posted by mraston on 2/4/2017 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Not according to the play-by-play.
are we able to send screenshots in this forum? lol i literally created a playbook solely for that game that was 100% pass coverage.
2/4/2017 10:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Really want to get into GD but..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.