Wrong forum, dont care Topic

What a friggin ending. G.O.A.T!!!
2/5/2017 11:01 PM
ee de na da
2/6/2017 3:14 PM
2/6/2017 3:53 PM
I'm still not convinced that Brady is the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL, but this particular game was the strongest argument for it so far. Not because of the comeback. Because of the rest of the team. This is by far the weakest supporting cast Brady has ever won a Superbowl with. His receivers are not particularly special, particularly with Gronk out. The defense is above average but not elite. The running backs are below average as a group, at least as runners. The offensive line is probably the most elite part of this Patriots team aside from Brady himself, and that is important given how he tends to struggle with pressure. But Brady carried this team for much of the year. Granted they won without him early in the season, but it turns out the opposition in those games wasn't as strong as we thought it was at the time. Miami worked their way into a good team, but in the first 5 games they went 1-4 with the win coming against the Browns. The Texans and Cardinals just weren't particularly exciting teams, and the Bills were a mediocre team that beat the Brady-less Pats. So going 3-1 without Brady was good, but not a huge accomplishment.

If I had the rest of a team and had to win 1 game, I still think I'd rather have Rogers than Brady. But maybe it's closer than I would have said a year ago.
2/6/2017 5:02 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/6/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):
I'm still not convinced that Brady is the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL, but this particular game was the strongest argument for it so far. Not because of the comeback. Because of the rest of the team. This is by far the weakest supporting cast Brady has ever won a Superbowl with. His receivers are not particularly special, particularly with Gronk out. The defense is above average but not elite. The running backs are below average as a group, at least as runners. The offensive line is probably the most elite part of this Patriots team aside from Brady himself, and that is important given how he tends to struggle with pressure. But Brady carried this team for much of the year. Granted they won without him early in the season, but it turns out the opposition in those games wasn't as strong as we thought it was at the time. Miami worked their way into a good team, but in the first 5 games they went 1-4 with the win coming against the Browns. The Texans and Cardinals just weren't particularly exciting teams, and the Bills were a mediocre team that beat the Brady-less Pats. So going 3-1 without Brady was good, but not a huge accomplishment.

If I had the rest of a team and had to win 1 game, I still think I'd rather have Rogers than Brady. But maybe it's closer than I would have said a year ago.

This super bowl stamped down the GOAT talk. No one compares. It's finished. Final. There's no more debate. Not Joe Montana, not Peyton Manning, and especially, Aaron Rodgers. Helll nah, Rodgers ain't even top 5. And what you said about the team has pretty much been that way all during Brady's career, except a season of Randy Moss.
2/7/2017 2:17 AM
I just disagreed with what you said, so it's obviously not as unanimous as you think. Judging a player based exclusively on championships in a sport which utilizes more players in an average game than any other I'm aware of is just stupid.
2/7/2017 4:20 AM
Rodgers is the all-time leader in career passer rating, adjusted YPA, and adjusted net YPA, and none of them are even close. He's the active leader in TD% and the all-time leader in lowest interception % and TD/Int. There's really just no question about the fact that Rodgers is statistically the most efficient passer in the history of the NFL.
2/7/2017 4:29 AM
Maybe so, so far! Give him a few more years. He'll force a few more passes and those stats will fall.
2/7/2017 9:08 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I know everybody is calling Brady the GOAT. I think it's ridiculous. Some of them already had him as the GOAT last week. Those people I have no issue with. What I do take issue with are the massive number of people suddenly saying that Tom Brady just "jumped" Joe Montana or somebody to become the greatest quarterback of all time. My problem is that if the 2nd-best rushing team in the NFL had called run on 3rd and 1 none of that talk happens. People who think Brady magically becomes a better quarterback because the opposing coach makes a bad decision need to re-evaluate the way they think about talent.
2/7/2017 11:46 AM
I'm not coronating Brady. Winning a bunch of Super Bowls by slim margins (the last two of them because Atl/Sea didn't just run the ******* ball, or else he's have a Kelly-esque four-game losing streak) makes him the beneficiary of an East Coast perspective. But that's fine. Hey, that's what makes bar discussions interesting.

p.s. Montana still hasn't thrown a SB pick....

2/7/2017 12:56 PM
Posted by dino27 on 2/7/2017 10:49:00 AM (view original):
he is entitled to his opinion...why do you have to constantly try to suppress other people's opinion...it is really boring to read what you have to say.
You make it sound like I'm the only one who does that
2/7/2017 2:25 PM
12345 Next ▸
Wrong forum, dont care Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.