Wrong forum, dont care Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 2/8/2017 11:43:00 AM (view original):
and we should all be disgusted by the constant race baiting of drocks..it isnt funny...it is very sad....it is racist nature.
Uh, so posting a couple pictures of my reaction to certain comments is race baiting... alright, only using memes with white people now.
2/8/2017 1:48 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/8/2017 3:30:00 PM (view original):
It's a Brave New World. Lots of it I just don't get. Tweets, Twits, "memes", "alternative facts", 7th grade "gotcha" mentalities leading government.
Golden Haired 70ish guys with tiny hands and outsized egos deciding who lives and dies.

Time to find a hole and settle in to watch the carnage.
Carry on Republicans and Democrats. Bring it on down.
Methinks we need to start over.
I recognize the feeling you describe at the end of your post for sure, I know I sure feel that way sometimes. I'm also concerned that things torn down can be very difficult to put back together. Communities, once broken are near impossible to restore. I wish there was someone who talked about a path FORWARD ... unfortunately it seems like most of the talking heads either want to keep the status quo or take us back to a time that just isn't coming back no matter how much we might want it to. I think the person or persons who find that 3rd way might find a large number of followers these days. I was going to quote a whole bunch of Yeats but I'll just say I've been re-reading 'The Second Coming' lately and can't help but find it appropriate in some ways. (Sorry that's my Irish-ness coming out)
2/8/2017 6:44 PM
I find it hard to take anyone who uses the word "bigly" repeatedly, with any seriousness - but yet here we are.........

how bow dah?
2/9/2017 9:27 AM
Aw C'mon man................
2/9/2017 10:29 AM
Posted by nockahoma on 2/9/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
I find it hard to take anyone who uses the word "bigly" repeatedly, with any seriousness - but yet here we are.........

how bow dah?
How bow you cash me ouside.

How bow dat
2/9/2017 11:41 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 2/9/2017 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nockahoma on 2/9/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):

how bow dah?
How bow you cash me ouside.

How bow dat
Ain't nobody got no time for dat...
2/9/2017 12:28 PM
how about we get back to the game why has no one stated the real reason for the comeback a 40 min. to 20 min (or there abouts) difference in the time of possession, had to lead to a very tired falcon defense in the 4th and yet as someone said earlier a couple of timely running plays and brady is still only in the top 5 not a GOAT
2/9/2017 7:59 PM
One reason baseball is better suited to statistical analysis is that it is basically a series of ONE-ON-ONE events. Pitcher throws to hitter, they're the only two involved. You can say Mike Trout won the AB against Justin Verlander because he hit a homer. If Brady throws a TD pass, at least six other players had to do their jobs to make it happen (5 o-linemen and the receiver). It was probably all eleven players in concert that made it happen (slot receiver picks the defender, play-action fake carried out by RB, TE drew the safety, etc.)

Also, saying Brady's "rating" was XXX, and so-and-so's rating is YYY is TOTALLY MEANINGLESS. The QB rating formula is based on some statistical targets that were established over 40 years ago. Any stat system that says Colin Kaepernick is a better QB than Dan Marino or Troy Aikman is a joke.
2/10/2017 3:10 PM
It's easy to dismiss stats offhand, but it isn't necessarily correct. First of all, I tend to use QBR rather than passer rating because it's a more complete stat that I do think tends to provide a more accurate representation of a guy's success. I like ANY/A better than either and it's more simple. But aside from that, all 3 stats are definitely meaningful in context. Rules and style of play change over time, so comparing Kaepernick to guys who played decades earlier isn't necessarily particularly meaningful. But the fact that Steve Young led the league 6 times does carry significance - that's a comparison to guys playing under the same rules and prevailing strategies.

Also, the fact that you seem to think Troy Aikman was a special quarterback discredits your football opinions at least as much as any statement made in 2016 about Otto Graham possibly could.
2/10/2017 7:06 PM
There are 8 active quarterbacks with better career passing yards/game than Marino. Does that mean that passing yardage is TOTALLY MEANINGLESS?
2/10/2017 7:12 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Wrong forum, dont care Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.