Someone on here needs to apply.. Topic

Posted by samson75 on 2/8/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
You guys that love it are established coaches. Talk to some new coaches in empty worlds where there are sims on every single recruit and like 3 undecided recruits to fight over. If this is as good as it gets, keep recruiting the way it is. If you would like some new coaches to stick around and maybe populate the worlds, nothing should be off the table in terms of potential improvements.
i agree with this too lol it seems to be the guys who have been doing this for 10 years and win every championship that love it. i came to WIS because i discovered GD but it's actually been HD that kept me around. just renewed for 10 seasons there. here, im considering making this my last season.
2/8/2017 8:52 PM
i think the tools, the yatzr and the recruiting one, are what ruins it for the rest of us

we just want to play a football game

instead we get a data analysis free time want-to test
2/8/2017 10:06 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/6/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Fox Sports owns GD, in that they own WhatIfSports. Fox buying WIS was probably the WORST thing to happen to these games, as the programmers were basically shifted away from WIS development to do all of the Fox Fantasy sports stuff.
+1
2/9/2017 1:09 AM
I would like recruiting to be cut down by a few days. I would like a early signing period and where they enroll early. Followed by a spring evaluation day to hold a scrimmage and test new ideas. Followed by a recruiting period to sign the rest of the class and bring them in before game 1. I would like a 247 sports realistic database and more creative news headlines. I would like an 85 man roster but an easier recruiting system where signing a bigger class doesn't change the devotion when recruiting the players players. I would like players to transfer. I would like an injury system. (Yes I want it on.) it's what if sports for a reason. What if you're the coach of an an actual team. I would like logos installed. I would like a system where if you're fired you can't get rehired to the same school. I would like coaching contracts. I would like SIM teams recruit in their area and not venture off to get random recruits. I would like a trips system that doesn't involve a TE. I would like a system where it's impossible to score 100. I would like the inbox setup where you can receive and send custom messages from other user coaches instead of checking your main box. I would like a better reward system where you might not have to pay for next seasons membership. I would like booster gifts be turned on. I would like a final 4 system for D1. I would like academically ineligible scenarios. I would like a JUCO system. I would like a WhatIfSports for the NFL with a salary cap and realistic players, drafts and the only way to get those jobs is to be successful through the college ranks with very few worlds and no sims. It selects the next best GD coach.

But that's just me :)
2/9/2017 3:16 AM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 2/9/2017 3:16:00 AM (view original):
I would like recruiting to be cut down by a few days. I would like a early signing period and where they enroll early. Followed by a spring evaluation day to hold a scrimmage and test new ideas. Followed by a recruiting period to sign the rest of the class and bring them in before game 1. I would like a 247 sports realistic database and more creative news headlines. I would like an 85 man roster but an easier recruiting system where signing a bigger class doesn't change the devotion when recruiting the players players. I would like players to transfer. I would like an injury system. (Yes I want it on.) it's what if sports for a reason. What if you're the coach of an an actual team. I would like logos installed. I would like a system where if you're fired you can't get rehired to the same school. I would like coaching contracts. I would like SIM teams recruit in their area and not venture off to get random recruits. I would like a trips system that doesn't involve a TE. I would like a system where it's impossible to score 100. I would like the inbox setup where you can receive and send custom messages from other user coaches instead of checking your main box. I would like a better reward system where you might not have to pay for next seasons membership. I would like booster gifts be turned on. I would like a final 4 system for D1. I would like academically ineligible scenarios. I would like a JUCO system. I would like a WhatIfSports for the NFL with a salary cap and realistic players, drafts and the only way to get those jobs is to be successful through the college ranks with very few worlds and no sims. It selects the next best GD coach.

But that's just me :)
Ijole.
2/9/2017 8:40 AM
Posted by genuvar on 2/7/2017 9:40:00 PM (view original):
I dont really see an argument for recruiting the way it is. What is great about the recruiting system? It is a very basic system that should eventually be updated no matter how afraid people are of it breaking.
Bingo. Completely agree. The current recruiting system is not very good and not close to reality (if that is what GD is shooting for).
2/9/2017 7:39 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/8/2017 10:06:00 PM (view original):
i think the tools, the yatzr and the recruiting one, are what ruins it for the rest of us

we just want to play a football game

instead we get a data analysis free time want-to test
The extra tools ruin it? Seriously? Those two things are what keep most of us around.

I agree a solid football game would be great. That's not what this is.
2/9/2017 7:47 PM
Posted by gators06 on 2/9/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
I dont really see an argument for recruiting the way it is. What is great about the recruiting system? It is a very basic system that should eventually be updated no matter how afraid people are of it breaking.
Bingo. Completely agree. The current recruiting system is not very good and not close to reality (if that is what GD is shooting for).
None of this game is close to reality. It's still enjoyable, but you will be disappointed if you are expecting a realistic football sim.
2/9/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 2/9/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 2/9/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
None of this game is close to reality. It's still enjoyable, but you will be disappointed if you are expecting a realistic football sim.
Obviously I'm not disappointed because I'm still playing. I intentionally made a point in my post to add the parenthetical statement. I simply stated my opinion based on this post.
2/9/2017 7:57 PM
◂ Prev 123
Someone on here needs to apply.. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.