"Critical News" Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
bump :)
2/7/2017 8:59 AM
yeah.......this issue got reinforced for me last season...i had 1 frontcourt player "on the fence" in Smith and i planned multiple backup options for him for the 2nd session...and...SURPRISE....a "likely staying" guard and another guard not even on the big board went EE while the frontcourt player stayed. guess it's on me for not seeing the future and predicting the unpredictable, ha ha...thanks WIS.
2/7/2017 10:03 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bathtubhippo on 2/7/2017 10:03:00 AM (view original):
yeah.......this issue got reinforced for me last season...i had 1 frontcourt player "on the fence" in Smith and i planned multiple backup options for him for the 2nd session...and...SURPRISE....a "likely staying" guard and another guard not even on the big board went EE while the frontcourt player stayed. guess it's on me for not seeing the future and predicting the unpredictable, ha ha...thanks WIS.
Obviously your "ESP n" was not working.
3/23/2017 7:38 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 3/23/2017 7:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 2/7/2017 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Obviously your "ESP n" was not working.
Bad luck. I mean, i would like this game to prevent luck from being the deciding factor. I am still ****** at Clemson losing three ees... And Florida, filled with possible ees rising to the #1 ranking because it had better luck.
3/23/2017 7:46 AM
Luck is always a factor. Your #3 in the nation team plays an unranked SIM team. You lose. How in the hell did that happen?
3/23/2017 8:53 AM
With all these EE complaint threads, I wonder how John Calipari feels....

Signed,
bdr127 (a long-time coach who realized long ago that he likes HD DIII the best)
3/24/2017 1:00 PM
The NCAA doesn't limit calamari (awesome spell check, Calipari) from recruiting new guys to replace old ones. Now if they said you have to wait April to start recruiting then that would be a huge issue/hurdle for the UKs, KUs, UCLAs, and etc... of college basketball.

now I know mike will say u can recruit during 1st session but the att pts and recruiting dollars are not there when they are needed. the att pts are at best 1/3 of what a normal schollie is and in more cases that's not more like 1/6 as effective with a fair share of recruitable DI reserve type players off the board in the the 1st 2 or 3 cycles.
3/24/2017 1:54 PM
Actually I'm so tired of EE griping that I do my best to NOT comment on it.

The best thing about the NCAA tourney thus far is the absence of Calipari and Pitino standing on the court during gameplay. That drives me insane. Nothing they are saying can't be heard if they back up two feet and get off the damn court. I haven't seen one coach do it since they've been gone.
3/24/2017 2:41 PM
I have two openings at my #1 Illinois team, and it looks like I will lose 3 EEs possibly this time, and the recruits near me are not very good this time. It definitely makes it a challenge to restock every year. The key is to unlock good players that will sign late that will not have a ton of AP poured into them by top teams. Then, if the EEs come, go all in for the first cycle of the second period.
3/24/2017 11:24 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 3/24/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I have two openings at my #1 Illinois team, and it looks like I will lose 3 EEs possibly this time, and the recruits near me are not very good this time. It definitely makes it a challenge to restock every year. The key is to unlock good players that will sign late that will not have a ton of AP poured into them by top teams. Then, if the EEs come, go all in for the first cycle of the second period.
We all do that. It depends on how many ees you lose. Why luck has something to do with which teams will compete next season and which ones won't? Saw it in Phelan. All well positioned teams at the start did not have multiple ees.
3/25/2017 9:03 AM
This is very true. However the luck on which EEs left was in 2.0 as well.
3/25/2017 2:19 PM
In 2.0, there were hints of "materialism" possibly in the letters, during recruiting, that gave you an idea of which guys might leave early.
3/25/2017 2:30 PM
Posted by mullycj on 3/25/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
This is very true. However the luck on which EEs left was in 2.0 as well.
And it was possible to replace them. Now, you can't even replace them with lesser talent.
3/25/2017 2:35 PM
1234 Next ▸
"Critical News" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.