"Critical News" Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2017 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Chapelhillne is pretty good, no? I'm tied with him in the Peach Belt-D2.
Coach Conf. Overall Home Road Top 25 Last 10 STRK RPI SOS
chapelhillne 4-1 11-4 6-1 5-3 1-1 7-3 W4 101 245
MikeT23 4-1 11-4 6-2 5-2 0-1 8-2 W1 70 121
Sim AI 3-2 10-5 5-2 5-3 0-0 5-5 L1 95 183
Sim AI 2-3 9-6 6-2 3-4 0-0 5-5 L1 120 174
Sim AI 1-4 4-11 2-3 2-8 0-0 3-7 W1 200 127
Sim AI 0-5 1-14 0-7 1-7 0-1 1-9 L6 192 26

You getting ready to blast him for sucking at the game?
Chapel just won a national championship in Allen...
3/25/2017 7:22 PM
I don't need tutoring. I just arrived at the upper echelon with Clemson, took me a bit of years so I was about to put my best team ever on the floor and lost three ees... I am going to recuperate from it. I just won't have a chance to win it since I lost my top four players in one season and was unable to replace all three ees. Getting to contend in D1 hasn't change, you need patience and a strat.
3/25/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2017 7:16:00 PM (view original):
No, the point is that you're complaining loudly and reasonably frequently about a "problem" but you seem to be doing just fine. Some claim they cannot duplicate your success under these circumstances. You should mentor them. Contact zorzii and help him out.

BTW, I'm in my 4th season since 2006. My success, or lack thereof, isn't really the issue. But, FWIW, I'm killing it in D2. Maybe the game gets easier as you move up. Just sayin'.
hahahaaa. My DIII team is better than your DII team.
3/25/2017 7:54 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/25/2017 7:51:00 PM (view original):
I don't need tutoring. I just arrived at the upper echelon with Clemson, took me a bit of years so I was about to put my best team ever on the floor and lost three ees... I am going to recuperate from it. I just won't have a chance to win it since I lost my top four players in one season and was unable to replace all three ees. Getting to contend in D1 hasn't change, you need patience and a strat.
Just trying to help, bro. lakevin, the loudest and most frequent EE complainer, has overcome EE issues. You continually say you can't replace them with even D1-quality. He obviously knows something you do not. I was hoping he'd throw you a bone.
3/25/2017 8:00 PM
He had a roll-over... I have one too, my team is still strong Mike. I will grab new players and still be competitive.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3539467

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3539464

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3563069

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3585431

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3608929

This is my starting five. I back it up with these players

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3563070

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3514199

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3539466

I
hope it shows you the kind of talent you need to win in D1. I lost my four best players... The team I showed you won't be able to compete against top talent, it's a first or second round exit. A S-16 top if I get Lucky. So when we say EES has an impact, believe us.
3/25/2017 8:19 PM
I'm sure this will come as a shock to you but everyone has access to rosters. I can look at your/lakevin/whoever roster anytime I want. As I've said, there are no secrets as to the "kind of talent you need to win at D1". With that said, do you expect anyone to shed a tear because you can only reach the Sweet 16 because of EE departures the previous season? You sound like the rich kid who's ****** because he got a Mercedes instead of a Lamborghini for his 16th birthday.
3/26/2017 4:12 AM
Posted by lakevin on 3/25/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
He's doing pretty well despite being crippled by this EE "problem".
BTW, I've played the last three seasons with 9 or 10 man rosters. Not realistic, but when I lose players there's nothing to do.
While watching the NCAA tourney, the announcers said Xavier essentially played a 7 man rotation. They did OK.
3/26/2017 7:28 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2017 7:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lakevin on 3/25/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
He's doing pretty well despite being crippled by this EE "problem".
BTW, I've played the last three seasons with 9 or 10 man rosters. Not realistic, but when I lose players there's nothing to do.
While watching the NCAA tourney, the announcers said Xavier essentially played a 7 man rotation. They did OK.
Two things:

1) "lakevin has had success despite having EEs means that he shouldn't complain about EEs" is a really, really dumb argument. By that token, you're definitionally disregarding the advice of successful coaches on any issue. If you think coaches should be punished for EEs, that's fine, but discounting the opinions of those (unlike you) who've had to overcome those issues makes no sense at all. Far more intelligent, in my view, to discount the opinions who haven't ever had to deal with the issue in 3.0.

2) Another fallacious argument. Try running with 7 in DI (or hell, in DIII). See how you do.
3/26/2017 8:20 AM
For ****'s sake.

1. I never said he shouldn't complain. I just said he complains a lot but seems to have overcome it. But, ignoring that special part of your dumbassery, this isn't rocket science. You lose a really good player. You know you can't replace him with the same quality. I'm almost positive that ANYONE can understand the problems associated with that. You don't have to be in D1 to understand the simple things. And replacing a high quality player with a lesser player is a simple issue to understand.

2. Nobody is running 7 in HD. But, nonetheless, lakevin said "I've played the last three seasons with 9 or 10 man rosters. Not realistic". I simply pointed out that a very realistic team in the NCAA Elite 8 is doing it with less than 9-10. So, if you want to yammer on about "realistic", let's apply it to the real world. I'm not a "realism" argument guy, I'm more of a "game play" guy but some like to toss out "realistic" when it works for their argument.

Seriously, if you want to argue with me, please try to make sense and argue against my point. Don't just make up points for me then counter them. That's just plain *** stupid.

3/26/2017 8:54 AM
Honestly, no one here invented fire. Having success at D1 doesn't make you brilliant. Understanding D1 issues isn't that difficult. I imagine I could take this "problem" to a 7th grader who has never heard of Hoops Dynasty and he'd be capable of understanding it within minutes if he had a basic understanding of math. So jump on down from that "I'm in D1 and you're not" high horse and think about it for a minute. If you know 48 is higher than 7, you can figure out HD.
3/26/2017 8:58 AM
He probably meant realistic for the game.
3/26/2017 9:03 AM
The game is the game. Teams take walk-ons rather than players they'd rather not have for 4 seasons. It's not like there is a shortage of players, there's just a shortage of players that D1 teams actually want. We just finished recruiting in Smith. There were dozens of ranked(at their position) guys left when it was over. But the top D1 teams don't want the 123rd SF. So they take walk-ons. Nothing can fix how users decide to play. People do what they want to do.
3/26/2017 9:14 AM
Oregon and Kansas played 7 guys but to be honest they really only played 6.
3/26/2017 9:18 AM
The RL UCLA team essentially played 6 guys who accounted for about 88% of the teams minutes this year, add in their 7th and 8th guys and you account for 99% of the team's minutes. These type of rotations are common in the NCAA, so lakevin is right, it is completely unrealistic that he's running a nine or ten man rotation, he's still got too many good players.

But it does point out the unrealistic aspect of HD which is that it's difficult to run a team in this game without at least nine or ten quality guys, personally I think it would be good for game play (with some caveats) if staminas were increased and it was easier to successfully run on a 6 to 8 man rotation.
3/26/2017 9:36 AM
Posted by possumfiend on 3/26/2017 9:36:00 AM (view original):
The RL UCLA team essentially played 6 guys who accounted for about 88% of the teams minutes this year, add in their 7th and 8th guys and you account for 99% of the team's minutes. These type of rotations are common in the NCAA, so lakevin is right, it is completely unrealistic that he's running a nine or ten man rotation, he's still got too many good players.

But it does point out the unrealistic aspect of HD which is that it's difficult to run a team in this game without at least nine or ten quality guys, personally I think it would be good for game play (with some caveats) if staminas were increased and it was easier to successfully run on a 6 to 8 man rotation.
I think the stamina change would be quick to implement. The worry I suppose is unanticipated effects like making the press overpowered. In my opinion it would make the game better as team building would become more important than recruiting...I know right sometimes we forget that HD is about anything besides recruiting. Let's do another recruiting update guys! Am I right!?!

Wrong. Allowing teams to run shorter lineups would solve some current problems with recruiting, problems that would be even more complex to solve from the reverse perspective.
3/26/2017 10:24 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
"Critical News" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.