"Critical News" Topic

Posted by trail on 3/26/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 3/26/2017 9:36:00 AM (view original):
The RL UCLA team essentially played 6 guys who accounted for about 88% of the teams minutes this year, add in their 7th and 8th guys and you account for 99% of the team's minutes. These type of rotations are common in the NCAA, so lakevin is right, it is completely unrealistic that he's running a nine or ten man rotation, he's still got too many good players.

But it does point out the unrealistic aspect of HD which is that it's difficult to run a team in this game without at least nine or ten quality guys, personally I think it would be good for game play (with some caveats) if staminas were increased and it was easier to successfully run on a 6 to 8 man rotation.
I think the stamina change would be quick to implement. The worry I suppose is unanticipated effects like making the press overpowered. In my opinion it would make the game better as team building would become more important than recruiting...I know right sometimes we forget that HD is about anything besides recruiting. Let's do another recruiting update guys! Am I right!?!

Wrong. Allowing teams to run shorter lineups would solve some current problems with recruiting, problems that would be even more complex to solve from the reverse perspective.
I think you're right about the press being too overpowered with increased staminas and the dangers of unintended consequences and complications as well ... this is another one of those issues that one can chalk up to the "if I ran the game ..." mentality. And the way I want the game to be probably appeals mostly to me and no one else. This is exactly why CS/Admin ignore most of the complaints/suggestions about the game.
3/26/2017 10:55 AM
“personally I think it would be good for game play (with some caveats) if staminas were increased and it was easier to successfully run on a 6 to 8 man rotation.”
“In my opinion it would make the game better as team building would become more important than recruiting”

In my opinion it would damage the game and place inordinate focus on recruiting. Team building would become unimportant as the last 3-4 roster slots became irrelevant. Recruit-a-stud-a-season is not an appealing type of game.
3/26/2017 12:15 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/26/2017 12:15:00 PM (view original):
“personally I think it would be good for game play (with some caveats) if staminas were increased and it was easier to successfully run on a 6 to 8 man rotation.”
“In my opinion it would make the game better as team building would become more important than recruiting”

In my opinion it would damage the game and place inordinate focus on recruiting. Team building would become unimportant as the last 3-4 roster slots became irrelevant. Recruit-a-stud-a-season is not an appealing type of game.
Hence my "with some caveats" statement which I didn't expound upon because what I want the game to be is largely irrelevant. And the reason I also acknowledge a post later that the unintended consequences could be more detrimental.
3/26/2017 12:30 PM
Walk-ons should be rare but it's how WE choose to play. No real school says "Meh, 127th ranked PF? I'd rather have a walk-on" but that's how we play. "Assigning" players would suck but maybe that's what needs to happen. You can take one walk-on but, if you only have 9-10 on scholly, SIMMY gives you a player. A little bit of that and suddenly that 127th PF ain't so bad as an 11th man.
3/26/2017 1:02 PM
I agree with Spud. You can still play 9 in a zone set.
3/26/2017 1:21 PM
Crapppppp...
I agree with Spud
3/26/2017 2:27 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Pretty good conversation for almost four pages about the game until the background noise that Bevis supplied.
3/26/2017 4:03 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/26/2017 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Pretty good conversation for almost four pages about the game until the background noise that Bevis supplied.
Love you too potato.
3/26/2017 4:22 PM
Yeah, but you don't win titles switching defenses.
3/27/2017 6:53 AM
◂ Prev 1234
"Critical News" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.