A guy stuck in roster limbo Topic

Late in the season I made a trade to get a stronger 3B. To make room, I started putting a RF on my ML roster on waivers. When the trade went through, I got impatient and designated the player so I could add my new player to the roster immediately. The RF was claimed but I pulled him back on revokable waivers. Now he's waiting assignment but I can't assign him to ML roster now that the rosters have expanded since he was designated and can't put him in the minors as he didn't clear waivers. Is there anything I can do? Is my only option to let him go since I got impatient? Wouldn't be a huge loss but he was a former 1st Rd draft pick (very late in the 1st) still on his rookie contract. Seems like I may have just learned a painful lesson.
2/6/2017 4:04 PM
If you can't do anything, and I'm not sure why you can't put him back on the BL team(he refused designation to the minors), he will be released in 10 real life days.

2/7/2017 7:58 AM
If he'll only accept a big league assignment, he'll have to go back on the 40. You may need to designate someone else.
2/7/2017 10:53 AM
Or see if the team that tried to claim him will trade for him.
2/7/2017 11:32 AM
I tried trading him. The other team doesn't want him now. I'm afraid he'll be released. I was able to put him on the 40 man roster but still can't assign him anywhere. Here's the error when trying to put him in ML.
Error: None of your roster moves could be added due to the following reasons:

Rudy Downs may not be assigned back to the big league team since he was designated for assignment. You may trade him, release him, or assign him to a minor league club if he clears waivers and accepts the demotion.
2/7/2017 4:34 PM
OK didn't realize customer support answered my question this morning. Basically I screwed up.

Since he was claimed, your only choices are to release him or trade him to the other franchise.

Thank you.
2/7/2017 4:39 PM
Could be worse. If you have to release somebody, it's a good thing he's on a one year deal for minimum salary.

2/7/2017 5:36 PM
Yeah that's a good way to look at it i guess. Wish I'd gotten his entire rookie contracts out of him but at least I didn't have to make the decision on whether I should sign him to a LTD.
2/8/2017 12:16 AM
Hold onto him until season ends. You will be able to put him back on your roster as soon as the budgets are set for next season. Don't do anything.
2/8/2017 6:45 PM
I did something similar when I first started. I didn't do anything and was able to put him back on roster the next season.
2/8/2017 6:47 PM
Oh wow thanks for the heads up. He's just about to hit his 10 day (real life) mark so hopefully you're right and I'll be able to keep him.
2/9/2017 3:53 PM
Hopefully it works for you. Good luck.
2/9/2017 5:47 PM
Has your season ended yet?????? keep me updated
2/15/2017 7:01 PM
Just ended. 10 real life days after I added him back to the 40 man roster (the last transaction I did with him), he was automatically released.
2/20/2017 4:04 PM
I had left my guy in limbo until new season rolled and then I was allowed to assign him to ML roster and still have him.
2/20/2017 10:23 PM
A guy stuck in roster limbo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.